Intel lost the game.

1 hour ago, Loote said:

Adding to that:
https://www.hardwaretimes.com/amd-server-market-share-grows-from-1-to-nearly-10-in-just-2-years/

The period of opening locks and proving themselves has only recently passed(mostly). That market moves very slowly, but it is turning towards AMD more and more. Milan is bound to make a big dent.

10 percent.

A good start, but you know Intel won't take this sitting idly by.

I'm happy that AMD is finally making products that can compete, but they have an uphill battle to fight.

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

It's actually 8, but considering how short were they relevant, how often are servers replaced and how time consuming is the migration, they probably got most of clients who weren't bound by Intel by one reason or another. Intel still leads in many kinds of workloads, but Zen 3 should make AMD get another bite of them while increasing their advantages where they already win. A company may go for Intel if AMD is 10-20% more efficient, but what if it's 2x? They might've been reluctant because AMD didn't exist on the server market, but now they're probably at 10% and one of the fastest supercomputers is being built using their hardware, so it isn't an unknown either. Do you think Intel can increase the performance of their CPUs over the next year, or are they just going to use tricks to keep their customers?