new mobo + ssd zen 3

So im going to buy a new cpu. my 2600x has done me well but.. its holding my 2070 super back and my IT study/work.

i probably want to get a 5800x since there is no known info about a 5700x part. 

what i want to pair it with are these 2:

B550 gigabyte aorus pro
https://tweakers.net/pricewatch/1564592/gigabyte-aorus-b550-pro.html

samsung 970 evo 1TB 

https://tweakers.net/pricewatch/1169447/samsung-970-evo-1tb.html

Any info or knowledge related these 2 products? and if it will be worth it to pair such a cpu with those 2 things? yeah i know. it has PCIE gen 4 capability. and thus a gen 4 ssd would work with it. but they are more expensive and i wouldnt really see a difference in results gaming wise or work wise anyway so there is no reason to pay more for that right? 

i would love to hear your opinion on this and or if you guys suggest something else.

budget wise... i personally wouldnt really want to pay over 300 euros combined for an ssd and mobo but am willing to go higher if there is a good reason for it. 

thanks in advanced! 

edit

scratch the 5800x plan.. that shitty intel pricing shit tho.. 

PC: 
MSI B450 gaming pro carbon ac              (motherboard)      |    (Gpu)             ASRock Radeon RX 6950 XT Phantom Gaming D 16G

ryzen 7 5800X3D                                          (cpu)                |    (Monitor)        2560x1440 144hz (lg 32gk650f)
Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240 A-RGB           (cpu cooler)         |     (Psu)             seasonic focus plus gold 850w
Cooler Master MasterBox MB511 RGB    (PCcase)              |    (Memory)       Kingston Fury Beast 32GB (16x2) DDR4 @ 3.600MHz

Corsair K95 RGB Platinum                       (keyboard)            |    (mouse)         Razer Viper Ultimate

What's your current mobo? AFAIK Zen 3 chips will work on B450 and up, so you might not need to replace your current one.

As for the SSD, the 970 Evo is very good. However, it isn't exactly great value. If you're looking to save some money while still having good enough performance, I would recommend the Crucial P1.

2 minutes ago, AndrewZScorpion said:

What's your current mobo? AFAIK Zen 3 chips will work on B450 and up, so you might not need to replace your current one.

As for the SSD, the 970 Evo is very good. However, it isn't exactly great value. If you're looking to save some money while still having good enough performance, I would recommend the Crucial P1.

my specs are listed below. it can support it (b450 gaming pro carbon). but i much rather not brick it with one bios and no other cpu support.
for obvious resale value reasons ;) 

so i am looking at b550 x570 is pretty useless. costs more, has a mini fan, has more lanes that i just do not need.

as for the ssd, i have looked at it. but i do not mind paying 30 more for a faster ssd since its within budget thankfully :)

thanks tho for the recommendation

PC: 
MSI B450 gaming pro carbon ac              (motherboard)      |    (Gpu)             ASRock Radeon RX 6950 XT Phantom Gaming D 16G

ryzen 7 5800X3D                                          (cpu)                |    (Monitor)        2560x1440 144hz (lg 32gk650f)
Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240 A-RGB           (cpu cooler)         |     (Psu)             seasonic focus plus gold 850w
Cooler Master MasterBox MB511 RGB    (PCcase)              |    (Memory)       Kingston Fury Beast 32GB (16x2) DDR4 @ 3.600MHz

Corsair K95 RGB Platinum                       (keyboard)            |    (mouse)         Razer Viper Ultimate

1 hour ago, hollyh88 said:

but i much rather not brick it with one bios and no other cpu support.

You do know you will still need to update the bios with a b550 board right? 

but to answer your question..

Any info or knowledge related these 2 products?

The b550 aorus pro is quite a decent 180ish bucks board, nothing really wrong with it, quite a decent board, budget for a board though? and what is the aorus pro priced at? 

as for the drive, you could just get something like an sx8200 or an a2000, which will perform about similarly, the 970 evo is overpriced imo, since there are drives like the sx8200 or the a2000 and those perform similarly and are usually cheaper. 

Though the b450 gaming pro carbon, and unless zen 3 is super power hungry, it should handle the 8 core/ the ryzen 7 just fine, and msi did guarantee support for zen 3, wait for zen 3, check what it has to offer, and you don't really need to change the board, unless zen 3 came out and it was super power hungry and the gaming pro carbon couldn't handle the 8 core/ryzen 7 you don't have to change it. 

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: 

36 minutes ago, Haro said:

You do know you will still need to update the bios with a b550 board right? 

but to answer your question..

The b550 aorus pro is quite a decent 180ish bucks board, nothing really wrong with it, quite a decent board, budget for a board though? and what is the aorus pro priced at? 

as for the drive, you could just get something like an sx8200 or an a2000, which will perform about similarly, the 970 evo is overpriced imo, since there are drives like the sx8200 or the a2000 and those perform similarly and are usually cheaper. 

Though the b450 gaming pro carbon, and unless zen 3 is super power hungry, it should handle the 8 core/ the ryzen 7 just fine, and msi did guarantee support for zen 3, wait for zen 3, check what it has to offer, and you don't really need to change the board, unless zen 3 came out and it was super power hungry and the gaming pro carbon couldn't handle the 8 core/ryzen 7 you don't have to change it. 

i do know that but a quick pre download on a usb stick. then put everything new in aka cpu mobo ssd and flash it with the new bios and it should be fine right? 

its currently priced at 162 euros :) but my budget for motherboards as mentioned above it together with the ssd is about 300 mobo alone i would go max 170 ish. 
there isnt much difference with price. like 10 bucks orso i have that over for a more known higher quality ssd :) 

as i also mentioned above the b450 pro carbon ac is nice but i dont want to brick it with one bios. since i wouldnt be able to undo it and i may want to sell it later. soo... i rather not do it. 

PC: 

as i also mentioned above the b450 pro carbon ac is nice but i dont want to brick it with one bios.

Yea but you'll update the bios either way on each board, but if you're set on a new board, the aorus pro is good. 

currently priced at 162 euros

that's a decent price for that board, it's quite a solid board, you could check the b550 a pro or the tomahawk or the strix f if  you want, but the aorus pro is pretty good.

But if you're waiting for zen 3, buy a board when that comes out and not now. 

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Build Log: 

19 hours ago, Haro said:

Yea but you'll update the bios either way on each board, but if you're set on a new board, the aorus pro is good. 

im not going to upgrade the bios further on my b450 it already has the ryzen 3000 bios so that who may buy it can also use it for that. 

19 hours ago, Haro said:

that's a decent price for that board, it's quite a solid board, you could check the b550 a pro or the tomahawk or the strix f if  you want, but the aorus pro is pretty good.

But if you're waiting for zen 3, buy a board when that comes out and not now. 

i mean.. i rather not go with msi after everything thats happened with them again.. strix looks nice but it costs more and people seem to be having several issues with it as the reviews state. i may look into it more tho. 

well the thing is. its being announced today so probably pre orders are possible. and i much rather pre order and know i have one on the day of the release. and can always cancel it then having to be lucky and get it on if im lucky release :P

PC: 

and can always cancel it then having to be lucky and get it on if im lucky release

That's fair, but yea the aorus pro is a pretty solid board so you can go for that.

Build Log: 

2 hours ago, Haro said:

That's fair, but yea the aorus pro is a pretty solid board so you can go for that.

although.. i dwont be getting the 5800x.. that price is just stupidly high. it makes 0 sense. heck even the 5600x is 300 bucks and thats a tough pill to swallow. since the 3600 was 200 bucks.. yeah 3600x was 250 but still 300? 

PC: 

so what ya think. should i get the 3800xt instead? i wouldnt have to update my mobo bios since it already will support it and its a 100 bucks cheaper :D 

PC: 

wouldnt have to update my mobo bios since it already will support it and its a 100 bucks cheaper

Wait for benchmarks, check how they perform and decide. 

Build Log: