Which one of these SSDs to buy?

joser1813

I'm buying at my local store and these are my options for an NVME SSD with about 500 GB of capacity and also with DRAM buffer. The RGB one looks pretty good, however if I get significantly better performance from what of the others, I'd prefer that instead. I'm currently using a GX1 from Teamgroup which has no DRAM buffer and is only 120 GB. I also have the option to buy a Patriot Burst which is SATA and has 32 MB of DRAM buffer for quite a bit lower price. Which drive would you guys go for?

PATRIOT VIPER VPN100 512GB (NVME)

ADATA XPG SPECTRIX S40G RGB 512 GB (NVME)
ADATA XPG GAMMIX S11 PRO 512 GB (NVME)

PATRIOT BURST 480GB (SATA)

What's your budget? Maybe I can help you get an even better one?

But if you wish to buy from your local store and these are your only options then go with Adata XPG Spectrix.

Whichever you buy just don't go with a sata ssd because their max speed is just around 600-700 MBps. Also check your motherboard if it has a pci-e gen 4 slot because there are much better options for it.

I'd go with the XPG Gammix, real world use you won't notice a difference between any of them but for futureproofing anything over 2000mb/s is great. for the price the xpg spectrix looks good but RGB lights and SSDs have had issues in the past (looking at ones like TeamGroup Sata ssds crashing on overheat protection because of the extra heat from the led power supply.

The best gaming PC is the PC you like to game on, how you like to game on it

Well you're right. Gammix is also pretty good and it has rgb so it'll make your system look better.

And yes its rgb will not create any heating issues. My friend has one and he has no overheating issues.