RAM for MSI x470Gaming plus/2700x

Running the MSI x470 Gaming Plus with a 2700X CPU.

Untill now it has been running just fine with a 16gb kit from Corsair: CMK16X4M2B3200C16 at 3200mhz with the XMP profile.

Because I'm playing Flight Simulator I decided to get another of the same kit to double my RAM... This seemed to cause all kinds of system instability's.

I tried running with manual settings at 3200mhz and 3000mhz without the XMP profile but no sucess.

After some more investigating it turns out the RAM is not on the QVL so I guess I need another kit.

But there are just soo many options that I'm scared I end up with the wrong kit.

Can I get some tips on 32gb ~3200mhz RAM kits that will work with this cpu/mobo combo? Need to be low profile because of my BeQuiet cooler.

maybe just downclock it first? it's possible it's not the memory's fault at all but rather the memory controller on your cpu or the traces on the board not being able to handle memory at that speed with all slots used. in that case replacing your ram with a similar kit at a similar speed won't fix this problem.

just try a lower clock speed first.

She/Her

The memory QVL isn't necessarily the be all and end all of memory and motherboard compatibility. In your case, it could just be that the two separate memory kits don't pair well together, but regardless, going out and buying a whole new memory kit instead of first trying to do some troubleshooting or workarounds feels like a waste of money to me.

Enable XMP and try turning the memory frequency to something around 2666-2933MHz.

If that doesn't work out, clear the CMOS, enable XMP, turn the frequency to 2666-2933MHz, set the SOC voltage to 1.1-1.15V and the DRAM voltage to 1.4V, and try again.

Also, 3200MHz dual rank on Zen+'s IMC isn't exactly a given in the first place.

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC

Thnx for the tip.

Going to try this first thing tomorow.

Will post if I make some progress.

I had the same issue with XMP with my 2700X, and the same set of memory from Corsair. I end up installed Ryzen Master to manually tweak the memory frequency to 3000MHz, and it's been running smoothly without issue.

Ryzen Master