Will this PSU work?

Mind_001

I have my old trusty Antec Earthwatts 380W laying around here. Will it work with this setup?

This motherboard: https://www.supermicro.com/products/motherboard/xeon3000/3200/x7sbl-ln2.cfm

cpu: Intel C2D e2140

RAM: 4GB (limit on board is 8GB, might update later)

GPU: Onboard

HDDs: 2x3TB, 2x 640GB, 2x320GB, (all SATA) and USB flash drive for OS (probably Arch or Debian)

I think this should work. Not 100% sure, though.

Don't yell at me about my set up, Just answer my question.

if the psu has the 8 pin eps connector, it should work.  if it doesn't, you can get an adapter cable and then it will work.

the mobo is nothing special, it will consume around 20-40w , the cpu around 50w, your hard drives around 6-8w each

basically, around 100 watts ... well below the 300w+ available on the 12v output.

I forgot to check that. But like you said, I just need an adapter. Truely, with that CPU, I don't think it would require the full 8. But, I can test that out. I think I have an adapter, actually. Have to go through my bag of computer nik-naks.

5 minutes ago, Mind_001 said:

I forgot to check that. But like you said, I just need an adapter. Truely, with that CPU, I don't think it would require the full 8. But, I can test that out. I think I have an adapter, actually. Have to go through my bag of computer nik-naks.

You can run the C2D on a 4 plug only, have done so in the past without issues. That PSU will be enough but I would consider getting a new one for peace of mind. Nothing fancy, just a 250 W unit or whatever you can find that has Active PFC on it.