Error DirectX runtime

I recently purchased Deathwing Enhanced Editionon steam and when I tried to play it I received a message saying: 

Error

The following component(s) are required to run this program:

DirectX Runtime

I’ve seen a few threads about this issue on other games and they mention going into the _CommonRedist folder and then into DirectX and vcredit and installing everything in those folders only there isn’t anything to install in DirectX and the two files that are in vcredit can’t be installed because it says there are new versions of these files already installed. 

I’ve found other threads where people have uninstalled and then reinstalled a few things regarding DirectX but I’m new to the pc space. This is my first build so I’m not too savvy when it comes to this sort of stuff. 

I’m just looking for something to fix this issue that’s explained in a way that a noob like me can understand. 

There is complete package you can download from Microsoft, containing the old versions as well. You may need to install them all, the old ones too.

6 hours ago, Applefreak said:

There is complete package you can download from Microsoft, containing the old versions as well. You may need to install them all, the old ones too.

So when I tried this, the installer says that a newer or equivalent version of DirectX has been installed already and no installation is need and also a Program Compatibility Assistant message that says This app cant run because it causes security or performance issues on Windows. A new version may be available. Check with your software provider for an updated app that runs on this version of Windows. 

Tried the game again and get the same error message

1 hour ago, demonix00 said:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/download/details.aspx?id=35

Try using that as it shouldn't give any newer version errors as what it does is download and install anything that is missing as even a clean install is missing several directx components that certain games require to run.

So when I tried this, the installer says: 

A newer or equivalent version of DirectX has been installed already and no installation is needed.

I also get a Program Compatibility Assistant message that says:

This app can’t run because it causes security or performance issues on Windows. A new version may be available. Check with your software provider for an updated app that runs on this version of Windows.