Good Bass Heavy Headphones?

MexicanAnimal

Hi all! This is my first post here, and I am getting new headphones, and I am a real bass freak, I love bass, but I'm not sure about good headphones in this area, and some insight would be much appreciated!

Also, I wouldn't wanna go over $150, or in that price bracket, something a bit over is fine

Thanks!

Beats

hate to even say that...

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

Beats

hate to even say that...

I would, but beats are WAY too expensive here in Australia, the good Studio ones are still in the 300-350 pricepoint here in Australia. 

I would, but beats are WAY too expensive here in Australia, the good Studio ones are still in the 300-350 pricepoint here in Australia. 

DT 990's are PERFECT. Imo they are bass heavy compared to a lot of headphones on the market but they aren't bass-overwhelming. (damn I need to do a review on my pair soon)

Anyways they can be found in the US for $150, I don't know about australia doe :c

Beats

hate to even say that...

bassheavy != bad, there are actually bassheavy headphones which are reasonable.

THE signature

You should get @ShearMe's V-Modas. 

You should get @ShearMe's V-Modas.

Eh... I didn't realize he was in Australia when I mentioned them. I've got "no international shipping" in the listing. Would make an exception for an established member, but OP is not...

Eh... I didn't realize he was in Australia when I mentioned them. I've got "no international shipping" in the listing. Would make an exception for an established member, but OP is not...

Ah. That's too bad. I'm still trying to sell my Razer Kraken Forged but no1 wants them :(

Ah. That's too bad. I'm still trying to sell my Razer Kraken Forged but no1 wants them :(

Eh.... this might not be the best place to sell them. Linus basically said he didn't like them and seeing the sudden increase of HD8 DJ recommendations you know what that means....

But good luck :)

THE signature

Lol I'll trade you.  :lol:

Eh.... this might not be the best place to sell them. Linus basically said he didn't like them and seeing the sudden increase of HD8 DJ recommendations you know what that means....

I'm selling them on Amazon and Craigslist too xD

Beats

hate to even say that...

Are you daft?

My Stuff! :D

My Stuff
  • Main Build - Soon to change due to it being dead
  • 4790k @ 4.7Ghz
  • Corsair 750D
  • Swiftech H320
  • MSI Z97s SLI
  • 7950 Vapor-X
  • 16GB Corsair Vengance  Blue LP 1600Mhz 
  • 120GB Samsung 840
  • 2TB Seagate Barracuda
  • Corsair HX750
  •  
  • ​Peripherals
  • Logitech G700s
  • Bitfenix, Corsair, and Darkside cable extensions
  • Das Professional with Cherry MX Brown's & Custom Keycaps
  • 3x ASUS VS238H-P w/ Triple monitor mount in PLP
  • AudioTechnica ATH-M50's 
  • Blue Yeti Microphone
  • TurtleBeach PX3 Wireless
  • Logitech C920 Webcam 
  • Precision Audio Bookshelf Speakers 
  • AudioSource AMP-100
  • Logitech G27 Racing setup
  •  
  • Laptop - Acer 7750G-9855
  • i7 2630QM
  • AMD 6650M GPU
  • 120GB Samsung 840 EVO
  • 8GB RAM
  • Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 
  • Blu-ray Drive
  •  
  • Netbook - HP Pavillion DM1
  • AMD E-450 APU
  • 4GB RAM
  • 500gb HDD
  • Cell Phone - OnePlus One 
  • 5.5-inch 1080p Screen
  • Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 processor @2.5Ghz
  • 13 Megapixel rear camera
  • 5 megapixel wide angle front facing camera
  • 3100 mAh non-removal battery
  • AC wifi
  • Cell Phone #2 - Nexus 5
  • 5 Inch 1080p Screen
  • Snapdragon 800
  • 8 megapixel rear camera
  • 1.3 megapixel front camera
  • 2300 mAh non-removable battery
  • AC wifi
  • Upgrades for 2014
  • GTX 970
  • i7 4690k
  • 16gb RAM 
  • 1x 1440 or 1600p Monitor 
  • Das Mechanical Keyboard

When saying about 'bass heavy', I immediately thought of my old (and still working but look like crap now :) ) Clarion headphones. It's the Clarion DJ-9300 I think. They're pretty loud (compared to others in it's class, from same source), and bassheavy. It's nowhere near audiophile quality, but for the price ($15-$25 when I bought it few years ago), it's still a bargain. I still use it for my PC at home (I spend most of my computer time at work). Watching action movies and listening to technos on this Clarion is still good.

I don't know if they still make these, but for a decent priced headphone that you can throw around, it's pretty nice.

Is that the flavor of the day headphone now? 

Is that the flavor of the day headphone now? 

yep, and a crappy one at that, if your going to drop that much on cans, spend $20 more and get the akg k712 pro, vastly superior headphone

Dear lord, they want $400 for them? God no. Anything with "dj" in the title is generally overly boomy and has floppy mids. I thought sennheiser was better than that?

Dear lord, they want $400 for them? God no. Anything with "dj" in the title is generally overly boomy and has floppy mids. I thought sennheiser was better than that?

I'd rather not judge before trying them actually out, but a $400 closed DJ headphone that is apparently the best available? Seems suspicious.

THE signature

these. http://www.skullcandy.com/shop/hesh-black  i use them for reference when mixing. bass is great. at 35ohms they wont kill a portable device battery too quickly either. only problem is the detachable cable is too damn short.

i have heard the wine is fine and it is time to dine. 

Check out the marshal monitors. They might look like your typical over designed and under performing headphones, but read some reviews on them and pop in to a best buy and try them for yourself. They are some of the best headphones I've heard, especially for 200 bucks or less, and look great and are durable too.

Desktop: AMD Threadripper 1950X @ 4.1Ghz Enermax 360L  Gigabyte Aorus Extreme   Zotac 1080Ti AMP Extreme  BeQuiet! Dark Base Pro 900  EVGA SuperNova 1000w G2  LG 34GK950f & ASUS PA248Q Klipsch Reference/Audeze Mobius

Synology Wireless AC-2600

Laptop: Alienware 17R5   Intel i7 8750H  Nvidia GTX1080   3840x2160 4k AdobeRGB IGZO Display   32GB DDR4 2133   256GB+1TB NVMe SSD    1TB Seagate SSHD   Killer 1550 Dual-Band Wireless AC