5700 XT crashing

Jan_GB

Hello,

This is my first ever post so I apologise if it is in the wrong place or anything. 

Basically I have built my first PC the other day and downloaded some games, Metro 2033 Redux , Last light Redux and Exodus.

2033 and Last light crash however in safe mode they are playable for a while and then crash. Exodus is another story, it will not get past the first cutscene with Anna and gives me a black screen with a fatal error message.

I am on the newest drivers AMD have released. Also I have tried playing State of Decay 2 which gave me a crash with the reasoning being the Physx DLL? Batman Arkham Asylum also would not start due to PhysX however I managed to fix this by manually installing it from the Nvidia website.

I have no idea what to do and any help would be appreciated. 

Only Nvidia cards can run Physx. You're not meant to turn it on and certainly not to download Nvidia drivers for an AMD card. It will only cause problems. Delete Physx and turn off Physx.

Just now, Gamer Schnitzel said:

Only Nvidia cards can run Physx. You're not meant to turn it on and certainly not to download Nvidia drivers for an AMD card. It will only cause problems. Delete Physx and turn off Physx.

I don't have it turned on in the game but the games don't seem  to wanna run without it

Are you using one cable from the PSU to the graphics card with 2 connectors?

Or are you connecting it with two cables from the PSU with 1 connector each?

I saw an official statement from AMD that if you just use one cable it will cause issues with crashing, the newest drivers should otherwise be stable.

2 minutes ago, Gamer Schnitzel said:

Some older games actually require it, I remember having to install it as well when I was on AMD years ago and I never had issues with the game after, the game would not even launch without it.

1 minute ago, WereCat said:

I saw an official statement from AMD that if you just use one cable it will cause issues with crashing, the newest drivers should otherwise be stable.

Some older games actually require it, I remember having to install it as well when I was on AMD years ago and I never had issues with the game after, the game would not even launch without it.

Huh interesting, I am using one cable gonna have to try 2 cables see if that fixes it. So annoying that this great card gets ruined with issues like these

11 hours ago, WereCat said:

Just tried to play Metro Exodus with 2 cables and got a system crash to the point where my computer restarted almost immediately, on the reliability report it came up as a hardware error?