temp sensor placement, asus fan bracket

so abit about specs im building a pc specs below, i got the motherboard today and the corsair commander pro fan controller, the motherboard came with a 40mm fan bracket that goes on the top of the motherboard is it needed or should i install i dont wanna spend $ on a 40mm fan as i dont know if it will fit as i also own a big cpu cooler, also the fan controller has 4 temp sensors where should they be placed and how should they be placed like how to attach it
phanteks p600s
6x noctua nf-a14 pwm chromax black
noctua nh-d15 chromax black
corsair hx850i
intel 10850k
asus tuf z490 plus wifi
asus tuf rtx3080
samsung 970 evo plus 1 tb
2x16 gb corsair vengence lpx 3200mhz ram

Looking through various descriptions of this motherboard and not seeing a fan bracket anywhere. Perhaps I have the wrong motherboard.  Everything says asus tuf gaming z490 plus wifi.

As for the temperature sensors I’m not sure how useful they will be.  The motherboard (at least the one I’m looking at has temperature sensors built in to the ZIF and the chipset.  Is it possible to use motherboard sensors instead?

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

2 hours ago, Bombastinator said:

Looking through various descriptions of this motherboard and not seeing a fan bracket anywhere. Perhaps I have the wrong motherboard.  Everything says asus tuf gaming z490 plus wifi.

As for the temperature sensors I’m not sure how useful they will be.  The motherboard (at least the one I’m looking at has temperature sensors built in to the ZIF and the chipset.  Is it possible to use motherboard sensors instead?

https://www.asus.com/ca-en/Motherboards/TUF-GAMING-Z490-PLUS-WI-FI/

on page 2.1.5 of the user manual you will see a fan install

its not that i cant use motherboard sensors i will be if these sensors are useful id like to stick them around the case like intake exhaust etc

I haven't really found a good use for the temperature sensors on the Commander Pro even though you can configure fans base on those temperatures. I place one for intake to get a ambient reading and one one behind the VRM. Sometimes I just place them in areas to see if I had I have good air flow around the CPU area. I never permanently use them in my setup.

Doesn't seem to be a good way to attach them. Its also not recommended for it to be touching VRM heatsinks or anything that gets too hot. I tucked one under CPU mounting brackets on my pump.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3950X   Motherboard: MSI X570 Gaming Edge Wifi   Case: Deepcool Maxtrexx 70   GPU: RTX 3090   RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 3x16GB 3200 MHz   PSU: Super Flower 850W

1 minute ago, alyen said:

Doesn't seem to be a good way to attach them. 

thats my issue is how to attach. i could zip tie them to a fan but that would look so ugly. i just like corsair software for ease of use.

Wow they hid that one good.  It’s not shown on any webpage I can find, and it’s existence is buried in the middle of a pretty thick manual that isn’t even available on the product page.

I had to specifically search for the motherboard manual and then download it.

Apparently it’s aimed straight down in one corner of the motherboard. I don’t see a real purpose for it and from the look of the other websites the thing apparently isn’t always used.  If you really don’t want to buy a fan there might be a good use for all those temperature probes.  Maybe stick them on various points in that area to see if the fan will even help in your situation before buying one.

Edited by Bombastinator

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

11 hours ago, Bombastinator said:

Wow they hid that one good.  It’s not shown on any webpage I can find, and it’s existence is buried in the middle of a pretty thick manual that isn’t even available on the product page.

I had to specifically search for the motherboard manual and then download it.

Apparently it’s aimed straight down in one corner of the motherboard. I don’t see a real purpose for it and from the look of the other websites the thing apparently isn’t always used.  If you really don’t want to buy a fan there might be a good use for all those temperature probes.  Maybe stick them on various points in that area to see if the fan will even help in your situation before buying one.

i mean i just spent $250 on 6 noctua 140mm black fans and noctua doesnt sell a all black 40 or 50 mm fan so it would have to be either a different brand or a all beige and brown ugly one which would stand out. im trying to go a black and grey build. im gonna leave it off if noctua comes out with a black fan then i may buy one then if it fits. as for temp sensors im gonna zip tie some to the fans for exhaust temps and and maybe one on the cpu cooler nh-d15 chromax black