a good pairing to my 3080

Mikealongo

Hi

Im planning on buying the new 3080 (whenever its in stock) and I want to upgrade my monitor (Asus swift pg278q)

I was thinking on buying another 1440p but this time IPS HDR and with g-sync

Can you suggest me one? Should i go 4k?

(I preffer high framerates over resolution)

(budget 1000 - 1200 €)

ty

I want to see some proper reviews of the LG 27gn950 which is 4k and 144hz, for just under £800.

6 hours ago, j1mgg said:

I want to see some proper reviews of the LG 27gn950 which is 4k and 144hz, for just under £800.

I feel that Monitor will be dated really soon since it doesn't have HDMI 2.1.  I feel Q1 of next year you're going to start seeing a mainstream of 4K Monitors that properly support HDMI 2.1 for the same money with better features and options.

10 hours ago, Mikealongo said:

Hi

Im planning on buying the new 3080 (whenever its in stock) and I want to upgrade my monitor (Asus swift pg278q)

I was thinking on buying another 1440p but this time IPS HDR and with g-sync

Can you suggest me one? Should i go 4k?

(I preffer high framerates over resolution)

(budget 1000 - 1200 €)

ty

To better answer that, you have to ask yourself what size Monitor you want.  If you're staying at 27 inches, the difference between 1440p and 4K won't be drastic, visually, in fast moving games since the screen is smaller and making pixel density more dense.  The only big difference would be the amount of workload your computer will have to accommodate to play a game at 4K, as opposed to 1440p.  If 27 inches is what you prefer, then 1440p, in my opinion, would be better for performance and will still look visually impressive.  To me, at 27 inches, it's not worth the amount of power and processing your PC will have to ensue for what little difference you'll see at 27 inches.  Also, as games become more advanced, you'll have to slide those graphics down to keep up.  With 1440p, you'll keep those High settings, longer, and still keep performance.   

Now... you want to stay at 1440p and really began to tap into 3080 performance?  Wait until 1440p/240hz monitors become more mainstream soon. :)