Dead mobo ? Need a second opinion

mp67

Okay so I got home today ,tried to turn on my pc and it didn't work ,pressed the power button many times also tried to jump start it neither method worked,so i figured it was the power supply since it's just some common 80+ cheap one but it worked fine.

So does that mean it's the motherboard ??At first I thought it was the power button since now it takes two presses to work but as I said I tried jump-starting the pc and it didn't work.So that leaves us with the motherboard,there are no blown capacitors or any other physical problem it looks exactly as it looked when I bought it.Does anyone know what the problem might be ? Any help is appreciated ty. 

IMG_20200929_150502_395.jpg

1 minute ago, mp67 said:

one but it worked fine.

Shorting the PSU like you did, only means there's enough power to turn it on, not necessarily that there is enough power to power the entire PC.

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

7 minutes ago, mp67 said:

Okay so I got home today ,tried to turn on my pc and it didn't work ,pressed the power button many times also tried to jump start it neither method worked,so i figured it was the power supply since it's just some common 80+ cheap one but it worked fine.

So does that mean it's the motherboard ??At first I thought it was the power button since now it takes two presses to work but as I said I tried jump-starting the pc and it didn't work.So that leaves us with the motherboard,there are no blown capacitors or any other physical problem it looks exactly as it looked when I bought it.Does anyone know what the problem might be ? Any help is appreciated ty. 

IMG_20200929_150502_395.jpg

the safest aproach is to use/borrow another psu and turn on the pc. IF it turns on then its psu. if not...maybe motherboard or cpu...or ram...depends from lights in mobo or beeps that happen. you provide little information. Maybe even the switch in the case. try having the psu on and try to touch the power switch pin in the motherboard with a iron thing. so you remove the case switch suspision or not.