What GPU should I get

Kanna

So I’m building a PC for a friend and I’m ona really tight budget like under $100 the card should be able to play atleast gta v low / medium 

So I got multiple choices found a local used RX 560 and some radeon HD cards should I get one of those or a new powercolor RX 550 4G

Reminder⚠️

I'm just speaking from experience so what I say may not work 100%

Please try searching up the answer before you post here but I am always glad to help

Well, the rx560 is the best option if you can get the 16CU version. It's equivalent in terms of performance to a GTX 1050ti, so it should run GTA V at medium settings just fine. But i suggest that you try to get your hands on a gtx 1060, those got even cheaper used especially after the 3000 series launch. (around 80$)

Please quote or tag me @Void Master,so i can see your reply.

Everyone was a noob at the beginning, don't be discouraged by toxic trolls even if u lose 15 times in a row. Keep training and pushing yourself further and further, so u can show those sorry lots how it's done !

Be a supportive player, and make sure to reflect a good image of the game community you are a part of. 

Don't kick a player unless they willingly want to ruin your experience.

We are the gamer community, we should take care of each other !

~100 usd should get you a used 570 but a 560 may be your best bet depending on your locale. i had a laptop with a 1050ti, maybe 10% slower than the non-mobile chip, and i could play gta v at medium with a 60hz gsync screen. no clue what actual framerate was

1 minute ago, Void Master said:

Well, the rx560 is the best option if you can get the 16CU version. It's equivalent in terms of performance to a GTX 1050ti, so it should run GTA V at medium settings just fine. But i suggest that you try to get your hands on a gtx 1060, those got even cheaper used especially after the 3000 series launch. (around 80$)

havent seen any under $110, usually 130 ish along with the rx 580. where are you looking?

topics i need help on:

Spoiler

my "oops i bought intel right before zen 3 releases" build

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 (placeholder)

GPU: Gigabyte 980ti Xtreme (also placeholder), deshroud w/ generic 1200rpm 120mm fans x2, stock bios 130% power, no voltage offset: +70 core +400 mem 

Memory: 2x16gb GSkill Trident Z RGB 3600C16, 14-15-30-288@1.45v

Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix X570-E Gaming

Cooler: Noctua NH-D15S w/ white chromax bling
OS Drive: Samsung PM981 1tb (OEM 970 Evo)

Storage Drive: XPG SX8200 Pro 2tb

Backup Storage: Seagate Barracuda Compute 4TB

PSU: Seasonic Prime Ultra Titanium 750W w/ black/white Cablemod extensions
Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Dark (to be replaced with a good case shortly)

basically everything was bought used off of reddit or here, only new component was the case. absolutely nutty deals for some of these parts, ill have to tally it all up once it's "done" :D 

Also forgot to mention there is other options but these was the cards I know there was other cards such as 2GB radeon HD something, how can I know if it’s the 16CU version?

Reminder⚠️

Please try searching up the answer before you post here but I am always glad to help

1 minute ago, VeganJoy said:

~100 usd should get you a used 570 but a 560 may be your best bet depending on your locale. i had a laptop with a 1050ti, maybe 10% slower than the non-mobile chip, and i could play gta v at medium with a 60hz gsync screen. no clue what actual framerate was

Prices suck here people over value here ( It’s sweden btw)

Reminder⚠️

if you didnt buy any parts i suggest going with an apu

if it was useful give it a like :) btw if your into linux pay a visit here

Just now, mahyar said:

if you didnt buy any parts i suggest going with an apu

Well that would need upping my budget, I haven’t bought parts but I may be getting a good deal on an incomplete msi nightblade from a friend 

Reminder⚠️

1 minute ago, Kanna said:

Well that would need upping my budget, I haven’t bought parts but I may be getting a good deal on an incomplete msi nightblade from a friend 

specs of that night blade?

7 minutes ago, VeganJoy said:

havent seen any under $110, usually 130 ish along with the rx 580. where are you looking?

Well I wouldn't go higher than 100$ for a 1060, after the 3000 series launch many people were selling there 1060s and 1070s for 80$ on average for the 1060 and 130-150 for the 1070 (locally over here), when midrange cards like the 3070 and 3060 (even 3050?) get released their prices should drop even more, just wait. (try to negotiate the price as much as you can)

7 minutes ago, Kanna said:

Also forgot to mention there is other options but these was the cards I know there was other cards such as 2GB radeon HD something, how can I know if it’s the 16CU version?

Just ask them for the specific model number it should have 14 or 16 CU written in it. (or just google the particular card)

Everyone was a noob at the beginning, don't be discouraged by toxic trolls even if u lose 15 times in a row. Keep training and pushing yourself further and further, so u can show those sorry lots how it's done !

Be a supportive player, and make sure to reflect a good image of the game community you are a part of. 

1 minute ago, mahyar said:

specs of that night blade?

i5-6400, 2x8GB DDR4 (sodimm btw) a 350w PSU

Reminder⚠️

Just now, Kanna said:

i5-6400, 2x8GB DDR4 (sodimm btw) a 350w PSU

yeah your best bet is to score a rx560 or 570 

if you dont want to go apu

2 minutes ago, Void Master said:

Well I wouldn't go higher than 100$ for a 1060, after the 3000 series launch many people were selling there 1060s and 1070s for 80$ on average for the 1060 and 130-150 for the 1070 (locally over here), when midrange cards like the 3070 and 3060 (even 3050?) get released their prices should drop even more, just wait. (try to negotiate the price as much as you can)

Just ask them for the specific model number it should have 14 or 16 CU written in it. (or just google the particular card)

Okay will try to haggle prices as much as possible, it’s a 14CU

Reminder⚠️

Just now, mahyar said:

yeah your best bet is to score a rx560 or 570 

if you dont want to go apu

Well there is integrated GPU in the CPU but not sure if I should do that since that may not even start GTA V

Reminder⚠️

Just now, Kanna said:

Well there is integrated GPU in the CPU but not sure if I should do that since that may not even start GTA V

that my friend cant even be compered to a 3200g's igpu

1 minute ago, Kanna said:

Okay will try to haggle prices as much as possible, it’s a 14CU

That's a bit slower, but still better than a gtx 1050, should do him fine depending on the titles he wanna play.

That's a bit slower, but still better than a gtx 1050, should do him fine depending on the titles he wanna play.

Well probably only minecraft, GTAV (maybe), Among Us, Fortnite (Maybe), and a rather unknown game Tower Unite

Reminder⚠️

Just now, Kanna said:

Well probably only minecraft, GTAV (maybe), Among Us, Fortnite (Maybe), and a rather unknown game Tower Unite

That RX560 is powerful enough for these games.

8 minutes ago, Void Master said:

damn those are great prices, i live in bumfuck nowhere so im limited to reddit and other online marketplaces. if stock of more budget cards are even remotely like the 3080 theyll be in even shorter supply, since everyone's looking to upgrade from their 1060 and such.

topics i need help on:

Spoiler

my "oops i bought intel right before zen 3 releases" build

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 (placeholder)

GPU: Gigabyte 980ti Xtreme (also placeholder), deshroud w/ generic 1200rpm 120mm fans x2, stock bios 130% power, no voltage offset: +70 core +400 mem 

Memory: 2x16gb GSkill Trident Z RGB 3600C16, 14-15-30-288@1.45v

Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix X570-E Gaming

Cooler: Noctua NH-D15S w/ white chromax bling
OS Drive: Samsung PM981 1tb (OEM 970 Evo)

Storage Drive: XPG SX8200 Pro 2tb

Backup Storage: Seagate Barracuda Compute 4TB

PSU: Seasonic Prime Ultra Titanium 750W w/ black/white Cablemod extensions
Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Dark (to be replaced with a good case shortly)

basically everything was bought used off of reddit or here, only new component was the case. absolutely nutty deals for some of these parts, ill have to tally it all up once it's "done" :D 

That RX560 is powerful enough for these games.

What would you value the 560? And an 1060 3GB?

Reminder⚠️

18 minutes ago, mahyar said:

that my friend cant even be compered to a 3200g's igpu

Yeah it sucks

Reminder⚠️

45 minutes ago, Kanna said:

So I’m building a PC for a friend and I’m ona really tight budget like under $100 the card should be able to play atleast gta v low / medium 

So I got multiple choices found a local used RX 560 and some radeon HD cards should I get one of those or a new powercolor RX 550 4G

On EVGA's Mid week madness there is sometimes a deal with $100 GTX 1060s I would check on there every Wednesday to see if you can snag one. 

| If someones post is helpful or solves your problem please mark it as a solution 🙂 |

I am a human that makes mistakes! If I'm wrong please correct me and tell me where I made the mistake. I try my best to be helpful.

System Specs

<Ryzen 5 3600 3.5-4.2Ghz> <Noctua NH-U12S chromax.Black> <ZOTAC RTX 2070 SUPER 8GB> <16gb 3200Mhz Crucial CL16> <DarkFlash DLM21 Mesh> <650w Corsair RMx 2018 80+ Gold> <Samsung 970 EVO 500gb NVMe> <WD blue 500gb SSD> <MSI MAG b550m Mortar> <5 Noctua P12 case fans>

Peripherals

<Lepow Portable Monitor + AOC 144hz 1080p monitor> 

<Keymove Snowfox 61m>

<Razer Mini>

3 minutes ago, SignatureSigner said:

On EVGA's Mid week madness there is sometimes a deal with $100 GTX 1060s I would check on there every Wednesday to see if you can snag one. 

Not sure if they ship to sweden also there is not 1060's listed do I have to wait until Wednesday to see?

Reminder⚠️

2 minutes ago, VeganJoy said:

damn those are great prices, i live in bumfuck nowhere so im limited to reddit and other online marketplaces. if stock of more budget cards are even remotely like the 3080 theyll be in even shorter supply, since everyone's looking to upgrade from their 1060 and such.

Well over here when a new generation comes out, our customers are used to selling their cards for cheap and we give them a discount on the new stuff (selling stuff at msrp) then we recondition (new thermal paste and cleaning) the old cards and then sell them for people on budget for a good price. Usually this process involves arguing with people on the actual value of their cards.

10 minutes ago, Kanna said:

What would you value the 560? And an 1060 3GB?

Well I would honestly value a 560 for around 65$ and the 1060 3gb for 75$.  But I would check the prices of the sellers around you first,  as price varies from one country to another.

Well I would honestly value a 560 for around 65$ and the 1060 3gb for 75$.  But I would check the prices of the sellers around you first,  as price varies from one country to another.

well the 560 is priced at about $75 maybe I could get it down a little also shipping is included in the price

Reminder⚠️

2 minutes ago, Kanna said:

Not sure if they ship to sweden also there is not 1060's listed do I have to wait until Wednesday to see?

Every Wednesday night the page goes live and then you can surf through there. (Do mind it's B-stock) and you can't see what's there till Wednesday's If you need the link it's here: https://www.evga.com/midweekmadness/

| If someones post is helpful or solves your problem please mark it as a solution 🙂 |

I am a human that makes mistakes! If I'm wrong please correct me and tell me where I made the mistake. I try my best to be helpful.

System Specs

<Ryzen 5 3600 3.5-4.2Ghz> <Noctua NH-U12S chromax.Black> <ZOTAC RTX 2070 SUPER 8GB> <16gb 3200Mhz Crucial CL16> <DarkFlash DLM21 Mesh> <650w Corsair RMx 2018 80+ Gold> <Samsung 970 EVO 500gb NVMe> <WD blue 500gb SSD> <MSI MAG b550m Mortar> <5 Noctua P12 case fans>

Peripherals

<Lepow Portable Monitor + AOC 144hz 1080p monitor> 

<Keymove Snowfox 61m>

<Razer Mini>