Wifi upgrade?

igormaster
Go to solution Solved by Slottr,

Mesh setup or an AP

My wifi signal strength and distance keep decreasing i keep lagging on my ps4 and playing videos in 4k is buffering  also have multiple devices up to 15 devices using the dual band and still lagging the ps4 on the 5ghz and the router and modem is located in my parents room far from everyone in a household interior walls are concrete walls. what should i do get an updated router or buy an extender for better results especially for ps4 and 4k streaming. if so send link of best recommended devices  

Can u send me a link of devices on Amazon for the best products

8 minutes ago, igormaster said:

Can u send me a link of devices on Amazon for the best products

Google's mesh system is super simplistic and works flawlessly

For an AP, look at a Ubiquiti AP AC Lite or Pro

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

19 minutes ago, igormaster said:

My wifi signal strength and distance keep decreasing i keep lagging on my ps4 and playing videos in 4k is buffering  also have multiple devices up to 15 devices using the dual band and still lagging the ps4 on the 5ghz and the router and modem is located in my parents room far from everyone in a household interior walls are concrete walls. what should i do get an updated router or buy an extender for better results especially for ps4 and 4k streaming. if so send link of best recommended devices  

Nothing beats a hardline. Wire everything with CAT6 network cable. Ethernet will outperform WiFi and you will forget its there.

You can spend thousands on WiFi and be outperformed by a 20$ cable