Phantom Water-Cooled Build

This is awesome, but I see you're missing your third screen on your right there :-)

I don't normally post on forums, but when I do... that was it.

Amazing build, NZXT cases always seem to look good especially with the right lighting and even with modest systems such as my own.

This is awesome, but I see you're missing your third screen on your right there :-)

haha thanks!

Believe it or not I never intended to have 2 screens. I decided to upgrade from my first and decided that i might as well you both. Im pretty sure i can fit another monitor in there somewhere :D

Amazing build, NZXT cases always seem to look good especially with the right lighting and even with modest systems such as my own.

thanks so much :)

and yes i completely agree with you! the Phantom look seems to accentuate everything you put inside of it!

Build log of the week son! Congratulations and very well deserved indeed! I like the other build log of the week more though :x Sorry!!!!

haha THANKS! and dont be sorry! I had a look at the other build and it is quite evident that so much more effort (and money) was put into it, so i will have to agree with you! :D their work truly paid off because it too looks amazing!

Congrats on being on the stream man you deserved it

| Contact Information |
My Teamspeak : Austs1.gameservers.com:9334  |  Steam: Iamtictac456  |  My other aliases include Scruffy and Scruffy Biggems :)

Congrats on being on the stream man you deserved it

Thanks! I appreciate that XD

Could you tell me how good that Phantom side window is? I'm assuming that's the official NZXT one...

Does the window kinda rattle? Or is it reasonably solid feeling?

Cheers

CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K @4.5GHz          RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance Black              Drives: 480GB SSD/1.3HDD

Motherboard: Gigabyte Z77X-UD3H          Graphics Card: ASUS HD7970 Direct CUII     PSU: Corsair HX650M

Case: NZXT Phantom Black/Modded        CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-C14                            Monitors: 2x Dell U2312HM

Could you tell me how good that Phantom side window is? I'm assuming that's the official NZXT one...

Does the window kinda rattle? Or is it reasonably solid feeling?

Cheers

Yes, it is the official NZXT side panel. It is built to an excellent quality and does not rattle at all. 

The only downside is that it collects any dust that it can - no doubt attributed to the fact that its an acrylic window :O

Yes, it is the official NZXT side panel. It is built to an excellent quality and does not rattle at all.

The only downside is that it collects any dust that it can - no doubt attributed to the fact that its an acrylic window :o

Awesome. Cheers for that.

I kinda want to throw up my Phantom build here, but I will be doing some drastic changes soon. ATM I have the side panel cut to the shape of the mesh with the mesh in place and I'd rather the proper NZXT window and not worry about it being perfect if I want to put an actual window in.

I guess I could give a little summary of what I'm doing in future. ATM everything is gloss black with blue LEDs everywhere. I'm going to replace it all with white LEDs and new fans, paint the case matte black and put some carbon accents. Also do one of those covers over the PSU and bottom of the case to make it slick, and dye my Noctua fans Black and silver on my CPU. I'm kind of excited to start this and do a rebuild blog of it.

BTW, awesome build, I forgot to say!

CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K @4.5GHz          RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance Black              Drives: 480GB SSD/1.3HDD

Motherboard: Gigabyte Z77X-UD3H          Graphics Card: ASUS HD7970 Direct CUII     PSU: Corsair HX650M

Case: NZXT Phantom Black/Modded        CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-C14                            Monitors: 2x Dell U2312HM

Awesome. Cheers for that.

I kinda want to throw up my Phantom build here, but I will be doing some drastic changes. ATM I have the side panel cut to the shape of the mesh with the mesh in place and I'd rather the proper NZXT window and not worry about it being perfect if I want to put an actual window in. 

I guess I could give a little summary. ATM everything is gloss black with blue LEDs everywhere. I'm going to replace it all with white LEDs and new fans, paint the case matte black and put some carbon accents. Also do one of those covers over the PSU and bottom of the case to make it slick, and dye my Noctua fans Black and silver on my CPU. I'm kind of excited to start this and do a rebuild blog of it.

BTW, awesome build, I forgot to say!

No worries! yes, it is well built! one thing, not that its a big issue, but the acrylic window has about a half a cm in width around the edges on the interior - just in case you wanted to know, because I didn't know that when I bought it and I had clearance issues with my reservoir (the first time it was on an angle because of this clearance issue).

I would love to see your build up here and its sounding sexy already! I too, am interested in getting one of those PSU cover things except Im not too sure where to get them (not that ive looked because all my time is taken up by study).

Thank you! I appreciate it!

have a nice day!

No worries! yes, it is well built! one thing, not that its a big issue, but the acrylic window has about a half a cm in width around the edges on the interior - just in case you wanted to know, because I didn't know that when I bought it and I had clearance issues with my reservoir (the first time it was on an angle because of this clearance issue).

I would love to see your build up here and its sounding sexy already! I too, am interested in getting one of those PSU cover things except Im not too sure where to get them (not that ive looked because all my time is taken up by study).

Thank you! I appreciate it!

have a nice day!

I think you can buy something just to cover the PSU, but for the whole bottom thing, you'll need to do it yourself. I'm still not sure if I'll make it the same colour as the case or use the carbon vinyl.

Oh and yeah, I'll probably do videos with the log, so I'll show off how my rig is atm in the first video. To be honest it's pretty standard right now.

Cheers for the interest.

I think you can buy something just to cover the PSU, but for the whole bottom thing, you'll need to do it yourself. I'm still not sure if I'll make it the same colour as the case or use the carbon vinyl.

Oh and yeah, I'll probably do videos with the log, so I'll show off how my rig is atm in the first video. To be honest it's pretty standard right now.

Cheers for the interest.

yeah colour matching will be difficult by the sounds of it! still it will pretty up the rig quite a bit. a lot of my cables are at the bottom and are hidden from site!

ahah make sure you link it here, id be very much interested to see it!

Linus featured this on the livestream and said repeatedly you have a Switch 810, not the Phantom 420 :(

Yeah i know :) but he liked it nonetheless so it makes me happy!

Looks good!

Intel i5 3570k | MSI GTX 670 Power Edition/OC SLI | Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Corsair Vengeance LP 16GB | Fractal Design Newton R2 650W | NZXT Switch 810 SE Gun Metal | BenQ 24" XL2420T 120Hz | Corsair K90  | Logitech G500 / Logtitech Performance MX | Sennheiser PC 360 | Asus Xonar DGX | NVIDIA GeForce 3D Vision 2 Wireless Kit

Epic build men! Love the helix res and the phantom of course is the most awesome case ever.

Thanks so much! :D

good job mate, 'mirin

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700K RAM: 16GB G.Skill Trident Z @ 3200Mhz GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080ti MoBo: MSI Z170 Krait Gaming 3X Cooler: NZXT Kraken X52 Case: Corsair Obsidian 450D HDD/SSD: (Boot) Intel 750 Series 400GB, (Games) Samsung 850 EVO 500GB, (Data) Samsung 850 EVO 500GB PSU: Silverstone Strider Plus 750W Keyboard: CM Masterkeys Pro L w/ Cherry MX Blues Mouse: Logitech G900 Monitor: Acer X34 Predator @ 100hz

Phone(s): Samsung Galaxy S8+

• 1 month later...