Possible Malware?

pAiNkIlLaH
Go to solution Solved by 3 Lions,
2 minutes ago, pAiNkIlLaH said:

I was wondering if there was something else that I could try first?

Install Malwarebytes and do a scan.

For a while now I have noticed my CPU clock maxing out while idle. I make sure all background noise is closed like Steam Epic and other apps that run in the background but I still get this issue. When I open Task manager the CPU clock drops to normal idle clock. So as long as I have task manager open my CPU acts normal but without it open the CPU ramps up to max. I am ready to just wipe windows and reinstall a clean system but I was wondering if there was something else that I could try first? System is three month old: AMD 3900X, X570 Aorus Master, 32GB RAM, RTX 2070S

2 minutes ago, pAiNkIlLaH said:

I was wondering if there was something else that I could try first?

زندگی از چراغ

Intel Core i7 7800X 6C/12T (4.5GHz), Corsair H150i Pro RGB (360mm), Asus Prime X299-A, Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4X4GB & 2X8GB 3000MHz DDR4), MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G (2.113GHz core & 9.104GHz memory), 1 Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB NVMe M.2, 1 Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD, 1 Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD, 1 WD Red 1TB mechanical drive, Corsair RM750X 80+ Gold fully modular PSU, Corsair Obsidian 750D full tower case, Corsair Glaive RGB mouse, Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 (Cherry MX Red) keyboard, Asus VN247HA (1920x1080 60Hz 16:9), Audio Technica ATH-M20x headphones & Windows 10 Home 64 bit. 

The time Linus replied to me on one of my threads: 

as @3 Lions said do a scan with an anti virus

btw lions : r u persian?

if it was useful give it a like :) btw if your into linux pay a visit here

20 minutes ago, 3 Lions said:

Wow that shows how much windows defender sucks. I have been using defender since its approved by my work from home platform. They obviously need a cybersecurity update lol. I think it may have resolved my issue I am about to run so tests to verify. 

1 minute ago, pAiNkIlLaH said:

Wow that shows how much windows defender sucks. I have been using defender since its approved by my work from home platform. They obviously need a cybersecurity update lol. I think it may have resolved to issue I am about to run so tests to verify. 

Defender doesn't detect anything really I actually forgot it existed

Reminder⚠️

I'm just speaking from experience so what I say may not work 100%

Please try searching up the answer before you post here but I am always glad to help

22 minutes ago, pAiNkIlLaH said:

Wow that shows how much windows defender sucks. I have been using defender since its approved by my work from home platform. They obviously need a cybersecurity update lol. I think it may have resolved my issue I am about to run so tests to verify. 

Defender is basic basic protection malwarebytes is just immeasurably better.

You can also try to scan your pc with adwcleaner, it could be an adware that is causing that. Happened to me once and adwcleaner fixed it.

Malware kept popping up after scan and quarantine. So I just wiped and did a clean install. Almost 2TB of games installed but no big deal. All my media and important data is on my NAS and its protected with more than just defender lol.. Thanks for the replies!!