XMP doesn't work on B450 Tomahawk Max

I have a Ryzen 3 3100, with 2x8gb 3200mhz corsair memory in dual channel and when trying to activate the either A-XMP profiles on the motherboard it only goes from 2133mhz to 2400mhz. Why is that and how do I fix it?image.thumb.png.fc6f1e31b16304991cd3552a6e2a8c5c.png

What is your exact RAM model? is it in the QVL list of supported RAMs of your motherboard?

Enable XMP, then manually set the speed to 3200MHz. 

If that fails, repeat the previous steps but also set the DRAM Voltage to 1.35v and the SOC Voltage to 1.1v.

Are you sure they're in the right slots? It's generally 2 and 4 counting from the CPU side.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X · Cooler: Artic Liquid Freezer II 280 · Motherboard: MSI MEG X570 Unify · RAM: G.skill Ripjaws V 2x16GB 3600MHz CL16 (2Rx8) · Graphics Card: ASUS GeForce RTX 3060 Ti TUF Gaming · Boot Drive: 500GB WD Black SN750 M.2 NVMe SSD · Game Drive: 2TB Crucial MX500 SATA SSD · PSU: Corsair White RM850x 850W 80+ Gold · Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow · Monitor: MSI Optix MAG342CQR 34” UWQHD 3440x1440 144Hz · Keyboard: Corsair K100 RGB Optical-Mechanical Gaming Keyboard (OPX Switch) · Mouse: Corsair Ironclaw RGB Wireless Gaming Mouse

1 hour ago, AndreiArgeanu said:

I have a Ryzen 3 3100, with 2x8gb 3200mhz corsair memory in dual channel and when trying to activate the either A-XMP profiles on the motherboard it only goes from 2133mhz to 2400mhz. Why is that and how do I fix it?

Since your memory doesn't have a 3200mhz profile listed, it's not 3200mhz memory. 

Definitely need a part number like @MiRaN1337 asked for; just take a picture of the sticker on the memory sticks.

If the system posts 2400mhz no matter if the profile is enabled or not, that's not entirely a bad thing.

Most memory defaults at 2133mhz while most 2400mhz uses the same specs for Jedec and XMP. 

Won't know anything for sure without a part number.

1 hour ago, ShrimpBrime said:

Since your memory doesn't have a 3200mhz profile listed, it's not 3200mhz memory. 

Definitely need a part number like @MiRaN1337 asked for; just take a picture of the sticker on the memory sticks.

If the system posts 2400mhz no matter if the profile is enabled or not, that's not entirely a bad thing.

Most memory defaults at 2133mhz while most 2400mhz uses the same specs for Jedec and XMP. 

Won't know anything for sure without a part number.

They're rated for 3200mhz.

CMK16GX4M2B3200C16

2 hours ago, Chris Pratt said:

Are you sure they're in the right slots? It's generally 2 and 4 counting from the CPU side.

Yes I checked the manual before installing.

2 minutes ago, AndreiArgeanu said:

CMK16GX4M2B3200C16

My recommendation is to set bios to all defaults and clear cmos, try again.

If still the same issue occurs, set all defaults again and attempt to update the bios per the web site instructions.

2 minutes ago, AndreiArgeanu said:

CMK16GX4M2B3200C16

Well, they are not on the supported memory list of your motherboard. But, that doesn't necessarily mean that this is the problem. you can download Thaiphoon, export full HTML report and import it into the Ryzen DRAM calculator software to get all the numbers you need to use in your BIOS, give it a try, worst case scenario is your computer wouldn't boot up and you would need to clear CMOS and get a compatible memory kit from this list https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/support/B450-TOMAHAWK-MAX#support-mem-19

3 hours ago, gloop said:

Enable XMP, then manually set the speed to 3200MHz. 

If that fails, repeat the previous steps but also set the DRAM Voltage to 1.35v and the SOC Voltage to 1.1v.

I'll probably have to change the timings as well. Is it ok if I just enter the specs of the memory in the motherboard OC bios? Like 1.35V, 16-18-18-36 latency at 3200mhz?

7 hours ago, AndreiArgeanu said:

I'll probably have to change the timings as well

Timings should be fine for the moment, that’s why we enabled XMP. 

7 hours ago, AndreiArgeanu said:

Is it ok if I just enter the specs of the memory in the motherboard OC bios? Like 1.35V, 16-18-18-36 latency at 3200mhz?

It will lead to the original problem as A. You are inputting the same things as what was in there before and B. You aren’t gonna do the sub/tertiary timings.