1st pc build

Max Rebo

Budget (including currency): 3000 

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: metro exodus, warzone, horizon zero dawn, rdr2, AC oddysey, hitman 2/3, battlefield 5 

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

CPU Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor    $379.99

CPU Cooler NZXT Kraken X63 98.17 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler    $149.99

Thermal Compound Arctic Silver 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5 g Thermal Paste    $6.35

Motherboard Gigabyte Z390 AORUS ULTRA ATX LGA1151 Motherboard    $249.99

Memory Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory    $129.99

Storage Samsung 970 Evo 500 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive    $89.00

Storage Seagate Barracuda Compute 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive    $54.99

Video Card Asus GeForce RTX 3080 10 GB STRIX GAMING Video Card    $700.00

Case NZXT H510i ATX Mid Tower Case    $99.99

Power Supply Corsair RM (2019) 850 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply    $139.93

Monitor AOC Agon AG493UCX 49.0" 5120x1440 120 Hz Monitor    $999.99

Total: $3000.21

will be playing in 5120x1440p ultra wide at ultra settings, monitor already chosen. Are there any parts that i can replace for any reasons? this is my 1st time building a PC

I would recommend a different case, but this looks very solid.

To be honest, it doesn't look like a first build at all. :)

To go into detail: at $140 you might be able to find a better power supply.

Here in the Netherlands there's a Fractal Design Ion+ 80+ platinum for less that looks very good.

Also you might want to switch to an Asus motherboard so RGB is easier to sync, as you're looking at an Asus GPU as well.

Speaking of which: you will NEVER find a Strix model for MSRP. I'd recommend the Asus TUF RTX3080 gaming (as does Hardware Unboxed).

PS. Would you like me to recommend a case? Because that's a pretty serious and extensive discussion. ;)

9 minutes ago, Max Rebo said:

Budget (including currency): 3000 

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: metro exodus, warzone, horizon zero dawn, rdr2, AC oddysey, hitman 2/3, battlefield 5 

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

CPU Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor    $379.99

CPU Cooler NZXT Kraken X63 98.17 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler    $149.99

Thermal Compound Arctic Silver 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5 g Thermal Paste    $6.35

Motherboard Gigabyte Z390 AORUS ULTRA ATX LGA1151 Motherboard    $249.99

Memory Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory    $129.99

Storage Samsung 970 Evo 500 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive    $89.00

Storage Seagate Barracuda Compute 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive    $54.99

Video Card Asus GeForce RTX 3080 10 GB STRIX GAMING Video Card    $700.00

Case NZXT H510i ATX Mid Tower Case    $99.99

Power Supply Corsair RM (2019) 850 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply    $139.93

Monitor AOC Agon AG493UCX 49.0" 5120x1440 120 Hz Monitor    $999.99

Total: $3000.21

will be playing in 5120x1440p ultra wide at ultra settings, monitor already chosen. Are there any parts that i can replace for any reasons? this is my 1st time building a PC

CPU, Motherboard, lpx ram, pricey aio, 970 evo, and case aren't preferable, and should probably change, but it's your choice.
CPU to the 10600k/10700k. 
Motherboard to the MSI z490 gaming edge
ram to 16gb of 2x8gb Ripjaws ram at 3600mhz, cl16

the cooler should change to the Scythe FUMA 2 

the NVME should change to something like a PNY CS3030, or Adata xs8200 pro, given you want an nvme, and an m.2 form factor
the hard drive is fine,

I highly doubt the strix 3080 will be $700, probably more like $800. 

Change the h510i to the Phanteks p400a digital (black or white). It has much better airflow/thermals

You can change the PSU to the enermax Revolution D.F, but it's not necessary. 

I am NOT a professional and a lot of the time what I'm saying is based on limited knowledge and experience. I'm going to be incorrect at times. 

Motherboard Tier List                   How many watts do I need?
Best B550 Motherboards             Best Intel Z490 Motherboards

PC Troubleshooting                      You don't need a big PSU

PSU Tier List                                Common pc building mistakes 
PC BUILD Guide! (POV)              How to Overclock your CPU 

topics i need help on:

Spoiler

my "oops i bought intel right before zen 3 releases" build

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 (placeholder)

GPU: Gigabyte 980ti Xtreme (also placeholder), deshroud w/ generic 1200rpm 120mm fans x2, stock bios 130% power, no voltage offset: +70 core +400 mem 

Memory: 2x16gb GSkill Trident Z RGB 3600C16, 14-15-30-288@1.45v

Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix X570-E Gaming

Cooler: Noctua NH-D15S w/ white chromax bling
OS Drive: Samsung PM981 1tb (OEM 970 Evo)

Storage Drive: XPG SX8200 Pro 2tb

Backup Storage: Seagate Barracuda Compute 4TB

PSU: Seasonic Prime Ultra Titanium 750W w/ black/white Cablemod extensions
Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Dark (to be replaced with a good case shortly)

basically everything was bought used off of reddit or here, only new component was the case. absolutely nutty deals for some of these parts, ill have to tally it all up once it's "done" :D 

2 hours ago, Asthereal said:

I would recommend a different case, but this looks very solid.

To be honest, it doesn't look like a first build at all. :)

To go into detail: at $140 you might be able to find a better power supply.

Here in the Netherlands there's a Fractal Design Ion+ 80+ platinum for less that looks very good.

Also you might want to switch to an Asus motherboard so RGB is easier to sync, as you're looking at an Asus GPU as well.

Speaking of which: you will NEVER find a Strix model for MSRP. I'd recommend the Asus TUF RTX3080 gaming (as does Hardware Unboxed).

PS. Would you like me to recommend a case? Because that's a pretty serious and extensive discussion. ;)

I've been doing research for a long time and learning so thats why it doesn't look like a first build haha(first thing that im planning to buy, i didnt buy the other one i made because i was waiting for rtx 3000), also, what case do you recommend? I don't really know about motherboards that much either so i haven't really decided.

2 hours ago, Brok3n But who cares? said:

CPU, Motherboard, lpx ram, pricey aio, 970 evo, and case aren't preferable, and should probably change, but it's your choice.

the NVME should change to something like a PNY CS3030, or Adata xs8200 pro, given you want an nvme, and an m.2 form factor
the hard drive is fine,

Change the h510i to the Phanteks p400a digital (black or white). It has much better airflow/thermals

thanks bro

4 minutes ago, Max Rebo said:

I've been doing research for a long time and learning so thats why it doesn't look like a first build haha(first thing that im planning to buy, i didnt buy the other one i made because i was waiting for rtx 3000), also, what case do you recommend? I don't really know about motherboards that much either so i haven't really decided.

Well, I'd like to give you better airflow.

Phanteks has the  Eclipse P400A which is great, but note that the other versions of the P400 don't have the mesh front.

be quiet! has the 500DX, which should also be very good for airflow. 

I would like to also recommend the Fractal Design Meshify C, but it's quite short and might not fit a front fan plus your 3 fan GPU..

The new AMD processors are coming in 2 weeks and they could potentially give better gaming performance than the 9900K. Then you would also benefit from buying a PCI-E 4 motherboard and not 3 which could help with the RTX 3080. We still don't know for sure whether 4th gen PCI-E is needed for the new cards. There are some more features that still haven't been released and it is possible that those features require gen 4 PCI-E so you'd probably be pissed if you couldn't use them then.

2 hours ago, Brok3n But who cares? said:

the hard drive is fine,

Can you recommend me a good AMD build since the news ones are coming out very soon?

6 hours ago, Gamer Schnitzel said:

The new AMD processors are coming in 2 weeks and they could potentially give better gaming performance than the 9900K. Then you would also benefit from buying a PCI-E 4 motherboard and not 3 which could help with the RTX 3080. We still don't know for sure whether 4th gen PCI-E is needed for the new cards. There are some more features that still haven't been released and it is possible that those features require gen 4 PCI-E so you'd probably be pissed if you couldn't use them then.

1. New amd processors are almost guarenteed to not outerpform 9000/10000 series chips from intel (in a reasonable compairson, like 5900x vs 10900k, or 5600 vs10600k

2. We actually do know, from reviews. t doesn't require pcie gen-4, but performance may increase somewhat if you use it

I am NOT a professional and a lot of the time what I'm saying is based on limited knowledge and experience. I'm going to be incorrect at times. 

Motherboard Tier List                   How many watts do I need?
Best B550 Motherboards             Best Intel Z490 Motherboards

PC Troubleshooting                      You don't need a big PSU

PSU Tier List                                Common pc building mistakes 
PC BUILD Guide! (POV)              How to Overclock your CPU