Need help choosing work Laptop

TristanD79

Hello all, 

I’m attempting to decide on a laptop within a reasonable budget of roughly £800. The laptop is mainly going to be for statistics work which is cpu intensive, as well as general work. I’ll probably require 16gb of ram. Does anyone have any suggestions? Or a website they can suggest to compare and find laptops?

Help always appreciated, and thanks in advance :)

the HP x360 Envy with the ryzen 7 4700U with 16gb of ram works like a charm for me.
The build quality is nice, it has a touch display and I got it for less than 900€ with a small discount.  

58 minutes ago, DerPfandadler said:

the HP x360 Envy with the ryzen 7 4700U with 16gb of ram works like a charm for me.
The build quality is nice, it has a touch display and I got it for less than 900€ with a small discount.  

my mother and father use it. BEst windows laptop so far. bright. great collor accuracy. touchscreen. etc. it just perfect.

Spec: Macbook Air 2017    

ProcessorPU: ii5 (I5-5350U |    

| RAM: 8GB LPDDR3 |

| Storage: 128GB SSD 

| GPU: Intel HD 6000 |

| Audio: JBL 450BT Wireless Headset |

The HP x360 envy (https://store.hp.com/us/en/pdp/hp-envy-laptop-13t-ba000-18j46av-1) is a really good laptop as an suggestion, it includes a 10th gen i7 processor with a Ge-force mx 250 for any GPU uses. The price is €900 which is high above your limit but if you found it in any Computer store I'm pretty sure you'll get it for around €800. Of-course don't forget, It does have 16gb ram

Don't get an HP Spectre X360 at least. The model I had was a bl112dx with a i7-8550U and 16GB RAM. I've had a bad experience with mine and recently had to return it after barely using it for 2 years.

Ever since I had it for 2 years, the fans run loud, there was a coil whine coming from the CPU, ran hot. Screen had a flickering issue and got it replaced by Best Buy Geek Squad as the warranty was expiring soon. Got it back a month after repair and 3" side of the screen was dark and screen blacked out like crazy, went back for another month out of using it, there was another defect with the screen (white spot). Went back with it the next day and they gave me my money back as store credit. I'll never buy another HP product again as it seems their QC has gone down for years. 

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

Main System Specifications: 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

4 hours ago, DerPfandadler said:

Oh good i was looking exactly at that model but couldn’t see an option to get from 8gb to 16gb!

4 hours ago, DerPfandadler said:

Where did you get yours from?

I'd recommend 16 GB of RAM and the lastest Ryzen 7 CPU. I have a HP laptop with a i5 7200U CPU and 8 GB and it doesn't take much to bog this dual core/4t down. If it is working on another task in the background, my mouse starts becoming laggy because the CPU is maxed out.

18 hours ago, TristanD79 said:

Where did you get yours from?

I got mine at retailer in Germany. I had troubles finding it on the official pages as well as HP doesn't really show you all the available configurations on their main page.