need some help with custom loop leaking!

Mullet187

so this is my first time water cooling and after about 6 months of me not touching anything it started to leak red coloring on the gpu block what should i do to fix it!

B0CB81A9-30F9-46F7-BA7E-78DA42C70A15.jpeg

12 minutes ago, Mullet187 said:

so this is my first time water cooling and after about 6 months of me not touching anything it started to leak red coloring on the gpu block what should i do to fix it!

I would give it a slight turn to see if it's loose to tighten it down on the block but don't overdo it. If it's still leaking you might have a bad o ring between the compression fitting and block which can be replaced. It would need to have the loop drained to do so. 

A new o-ring might help especially if it's an older fitting. I bought a 50 pack of o-rings recently for super cheap and every time i change fittings I change their o-rings also.

6 minutes ago, W-L said:

I would give it a slight turn to see if it's loose to tighten it down on the block but don't overdo it. If it's still leaking you might have a bad o ring between the compression fitting and block which can be replaced. It would need to have the loop drained to do so. 

the fitting was tight but not over tight and i took it apart and found a small peice in it

IMG_2496.JPG

Just now, Lipe123 said:

A new o-ring might help especially if it's an older fitting. I bought a 50 pack of o-rings recently for super cheap and every time i change fittings I change their o-rings also.

can you link me the ones you buy that would be awesome if you could?!

5 minutes ago, Mullet187 said:

the fitting was tight but not over tight and i took it apart and found a small peice in it

Looks like that is a piece of the threaded block or a section of oring that got sliced, I would personally replace it especially if it's very flat from extended use. I personally replace all the orings in the fittings every 3 years or so.

Those bitspower ones are good I've used those before.