Help find programmable keys that light up on keyboards for a specific color? What are these types called?

Mysticstrider

What are the names of the keyboards that lit up when you type? My very first one was the Logitech G15, unfortunately the G15 or G19 aren't mechanical types. I'm still using a 3rd G15 I've started to use from the past 15 years up until today.

I plan on upgrading my keyboard to something new but was wondering if anyone can help me find me a specific type.

I've been looking to upgrade into the G815 or G915, or just get the G910 Orion.

First of all, what are the names of these type of keyboards called that lights up? I know they're backlight or backlit keyboards but are they also mechanical backlit, RGB keyboards as well? 

Are these called mechanical keyboards and the ones with the lights that glow are backlit and/or RGB?

I'm specifically looking for the type of mechanical keyboards when being pressed on turns into a specific color. What are these called? I'm looking at a white colored version. So far I know ducky might be the only one I'm looking into getting from some recommendations, very well specifically highly crafted types. But based on some videos for the ducky ones I've been looking at I haven't found any where the keys being pressed on doesn't light up a specific color.

So far I've been looking at these ones here on these links but don't know which ones light up a specific keyboard that can be configured through the use of software:

https://www.newegg.com/p/pl?N=100006551&d=white%20mechanical%20keyboard 

https://mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_list&c=111 

Can anyone help me find ones that light up a specific color when being pressed? 

Please let me know. Thanks.

You want RGB and not back-lit keyboards.

Most RGB software will let you press a key and it'll turn a certain colour.

I know the icue software from Corsair does as I use this myself.

Edit: Sorry forgot to mention that each key will need to be individually lit to do the key press colour.

Edited by Toxiclegend
Adding more info

7 minutes ago, Toxiclegend said:

You want RGB and not back-lit keyboards.

Most RGB software will let you press a key and it'll turn a certain colour.

I know the icue software from Corsair does as I use this myself.

Edit: Sorry forgot to mention that each key will need to be individually lit to do the key press colour.

Do you know if the G815 or G915 keyboards from Logitech are able to do this?

I'm also looking at the white ducky ones. Do ducky ones have software that allow me to do this?

There's also Cooler Master SK650  or their SK630. They're all RGB. 

If there's a video that you have found on any of these white colored keyboards, please let me know thanks. 

10 hours ago, Mysticstrider said:

I'm also looking at the white ducky ones. Do ducky ones have software that allow me to do this?

If there's a video that you have found on any of these white colored keyboards, please let me know thanks. 

Sorry for the late reply.

The Logitech ones I'm pretty positive they do from having a quick look at their software on their site.

When I'm back from work I'll try find out some more.

18 hours ago, Mysticstrider said:

Okay so I've look some more at your list.

Corsair, the Logitechs, Ducky One, and Cooper Master all have RGB software that does per key lighting.

Each software has it's pros and cons but basically what you'll want to do is customise the RGB in the software to black/off and then look for key press and make it change to whatever colour you want. Some software has this as a preset but some only have it as a ripple effect from the key pressed outwards which you'll have to edit.

On 9/22/2020 at 10:20 AM, Toxiclegend said:

Okay so I've look some more at your list.

Corsair, the Logitechs, Ducky One, and Cooper Master all have RGB software that does per key lighting.

Each software has it's pros and cons but basically what you'll want to do is customise the RGB in the software to black/off and then look for key press and make it change to whatever colour you want. Some software has this as a preset but some only have it as a ripple effect from the key pressed outwards which you'll have to edit.

Okay, I'll definitely check these out myself and give it a shoot, I'm sure those ones will allow me to program custom lights when being pressed on the key via software.  I didn't know about that, but will check it out and see if it does just that. Kind of strange that I haven't found any youtube videos that have these, if you happen to stumble across any YT videos that show keys lighting up different colors that are programmed when being pressed, please post them.  . I'll give an update once I have one of them programmed. Thanks.