Question About XMP Giving Errors

I have Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200MHz 8GBx2 memory kit for which I activated XMP profile in BIOS. RAM was working on 3200MHz with reduced timings. I noticed Windows BSODs and video game crashes after 30-60 minutes. I ran memtestx86 test and it found a lot of errors.

After that I disabled XMP profile but decided to let RAM work on 3200MHz frequency. This time the timings automatically switched to default timings. memtest86 didn't find any error and nothing crashed any longer. Given that this time frequency stayed same but timings changed I haven't noticed difference in performance.

So my questions are:

1. Why XMP profile with reduced timings didn't work stable?

2. While RAM still runs at 3200MHz, do timings still matter?

Thanks. 

Full specs:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600X 

RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200MHz 

Motherboard: Gigabyte B450 Aorus Elite 

GPU: EVGA GeForce RTX 2060

SSD: Samsung EVO 960 250GB

HDD: Western Digital Blue 2TB 5400 RPM

1. it might not have been stable for multiple reasons. 

2. yes, timings do matter, frequency is not the only thing that affect latency. for example, a 3200 cl16 kit has about the same latency as a 3600 cl18 kit. 

first of all make sure the ram is in slot 2 and 4, if that's the case, you could try setting the soc voltage to 1.1 and dram to 1,35, then go for 3200 with xmp and check stability. 

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: 

shouldn't happen but must be an issue somewhere 
try to reset you motherboard issue might be the case.
good luck with that

please note your ram place too **Tomahawk Max B450 question of RAM. : MSI_Gaming