Fully Modular vs Semi Modular

Guiltyxz

Is is worth going for a fully modular PSU over a semi modular one? Im getting a new case (iCUE 220T) and am looking to replace my current non modular Cooler Master PSU to help tidy up the cables, but is it worth spending the extra to get a fully modular?

PC: Ryzen 7 2700 | RX 5700 XT | Asus Prime B450-PLUS | CoolerMaster Masterwatt 600W | 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3200MHz RAM | 512GB NVME SSD & 7TB combined HDD | macOS Monterey 12.6.6, Windows 7 Ultimate x64 and WIndows 10 Pro x64

Laptop: MacBook Pro 15" 2015 | i7-4870HQ | R9 M370X | 16gb | 1tb SSD

iPhone 13 Pro Max | 256GB | iOS 15.7

My Folding Stats | #MuricaParrotGang

I think it is personally.

You also tend to get higher quality models too as they tend to be modular. 

Just have to pick the model correctly.

i9 9900K @ 5.0 GHz, NH D15, 32 GB DDR4 3200 GSKILL Trident Z RGB, AORUS Z390 MASTER, EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB, Samsung 860 EVO 1TB, Samsung 860 EVO 500GB, ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q 27", Steel Series APEX PRO, Logitech Gaming Pro Mouse, CM Master Case 5, Corsair AXI 1600W Titanium. 

i7 8086K, AORUS Z370 Gaming 5, 16GB GSKILL RJV DDR4 3200, EVGA 2080TI FTW3 Ultra, Samsung 970 EVO 250GB, (2)SAMSUNG 860 EVO 500 GB, Acer Predator XB1 XB271HU, Corsair HXI 850W.

i7 8700K, AORUS Z370 Ultra Gaming, 16GB DDR4 3000, EVGA 1080Ti FTW3 Ultra, Samsung 960 EVO 250GB, Corsair HX 850W.

assuming same quality, it doesnt matter if you ask me

since it's very unlikely that cables can interchange with your next upgrade, so you'll need to unplug everything anyways

not to mention some case cant even work with the PSU's modular interface after installing it (psu shroud)

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

20 minutes ago, WY6 said:

Is is worth going for a fully modular PSU over a semi modular one? Im getting a new case (iCUE 220T) and am looking to replace my current non modular Cooler Master PSU to help tidy up the cables, but is it worth spending the extra to get a fully modular?

If the psu's are of same good quality then up to you. Can you hide all the cables easily? No. Get modular. Yes. Get whatever.

Would you ever need extra of anything? No. Get whatever. Yes check what the semi modular has to offer and decide then.

25 minutes ago, WY6 said:

If you need to remove your CPU power and 24 pin from the PSU then yeah it's worth it, but I have never needed to and I don't think it's worth the extra, unless you plan on custom cables rather than cable extensions