Losing my mind help!

Simon Slays

Hello, I have been having issues with my PC recently specifically the hard drive. I replaced the sata cable after the hard drive came up with imminent failure and unpredictable fail and it fixed it for a while. Then I came onto my pc one day and it came up with the same error so I changed the cable again and moved it to another sata port on the MoBo and it still didn’t work. Today I replaced my psu and all the sata, pcie, cpu, gpu and 24 pin cables and also replaced the hard drive with the same model but brand new with a new sata cable.

I turned my pc on before and it’s still coming up with the same error when trying to boot into my OS even though my OS is on my M.2. I have taken a video but I can’t post it here because it’s a maximum or 20MB. The hard drive also makes a horrible scraping sound when I turn on the pc like the disk is trying to spin and then stops because it can’t. It makes the exact same noise every time I turn the pc on. Could this be an issue with my MoBo’s sata ports? Because everything else was brand new and I’m still getting this error. Any help would be amazing as I’m literally going mental.

Thanks again.

Try writing large files to the HDD and see how the speeds are. 

Correct me if I'm wrong - you replaced the whole system including your HDD and you still have the exact same issue? I don't quite understand what your problem is.. HDDs make sounds. Including scraping sounds. And if your brand new HDD makes the same sound as the old one, then it's probably working just fine? And the problems is somewhere else, most likely system. M.2 SSDs also give out.. I'm almost certain that you do not have faulty components such as PSU, CPU, MoBo and GPU. RAM also makes mistakes. Have you tried testing that? Cables are rarely the culprit. If they work, they work. If they don't, you have nothing - you can't have errors mid writing with a faulty cable - not as far as I'm concerned. 

7 minutes ago, Light-Yagami said:

Try writing large files to the HDD and see how the speeds are. 

Correct me if I'm wrong - you replaced the whole system including your HDD and you still have the exact same issue? I don't quite understand what your problem is.. HDDs make sounds. Including scraping sounds. And if your brand new HDD makes the same sound as the old one, then it's probably working just fine? And the problems is somewhere else, most likely system. M.2 SSDs also give out.. I'm almost certain that you do not have faulty components such as PSU, CPU, MoBo and GPU. RAM also makes mistakes. Have you tried testing that? Cables are rarely the culprit. If they work, they work. If they don't, you have nothing - you can't have errors mid writing with a faulty cable - not as far as I'm concerned. 

It’s coming up with the HDD having unpredictable fail when I turn the pc on and can’t even load into the operating system or bios. I know they make noises when the disk is spinning but this noise that I’m experiencing isn’t normal. All I want to know is whether it’s my motherboard causing the issue because the sata cable connected to the hard drive from the motherboard is brand new and so is the hard drive itself but I can’t even boot into windows because the pc thinks there’s an issue with the hard drive.

@Simon Slays 

Put it into another system and see if it's recognized. If it is, and if it works, then you've got a MoBo issues (possibly), or something else.. are there any boot codes? Anything you can use to identify the problem? I'm not an expert, I usually browse the net until I find answers. But I would go about this in a way that would eliminate all possible culprits with the least amount of energy wasted. See if the HDD works in an optimal environment. Being a brand new one, probably yes. Then, use a known good HDD on the system and see if it works in any slots. If it doesn't, you know that you have either MoBo damage or CPU damage.. maybe even RAM. Eliminate all possible culprits. Don't change parts based on feel. You'll go bankrupt that way lol..