Logistics of a DIY L16 Camera-Phone

RealStormBringer228

Tl;dr is that i want to figure out if ,given enough trial and error, a 17 year old moron with a macbook and some hopes and dreams could possibly DIY a L16 (camera/phone thingy from comapny called Light) from scratch using salvaged parts from other devices such as crappy 4K cameras and other cheap parts. I'm well aware the L16 cost 30 million in rnd to make but i'm still curious on how insane and/or 'maybe' plausible it is to DIY one. Haven't seen any posts about it elsewhere so posting here

Screenshot 2020-09-18 at 8.34.29 PM.png

you'll need a proper software implementation and you need to really accurately measure the distance between sensors. And even if you do that its still not very good since the l16 is frankly shit for $2000.

1 hour ago, Firewrath9 said:

you'll need a proper software implementation and you need to really accurately measure the distance between sensors. And even if you do that its still not very good since the l16 is frankly shit for $2000.

true; it goes for 800 dollars on ebay (one seller is doing that at least) but i live half way across the world so couldn't get it delivered to me.

4 hours ago, Firewrath9 said:

any suggestions on where or how i would even begin to plan out what i might need?