LOW GPU* AND LOW CPU* USAGE!

hi guys, i have a gtx 1660 ,16gb ram(dual channel)at 3200mhz,600watt psu and a r7 1700 and i play fortnite competitively at 144fps and i figured my fps drops and stutters must be a result of low gpu and cpu usage ,btw ive updated every driver,my motherboard's bios and re installed windows but its still the same.My gpu usage is always around 40% ,my cpu is at 30% and the game only uses around 2.3gb of my ram, i want to get the most out of these and i need ur help to fix these issues.

Screenshot_(9).png

19 minutes ago, MrDooDoo69 said:

hi guys, i have a gtx 1660 ,16gb ram(dual channel)at 3200mhz,600watt psu and a r7 1700 and i play fortnite competitively at 144fps and i figured my fps drops and stutters must be a result of low gpu and cpu usage ,btw ive updated every driver,my motherboard's bios and re installed windows but its still the same.My gpu usage is always around 40% ,my cpu is at 30% and the game only uses around 2.3gb of my ram, i want to get the most out of these and i need ur help to fix these issues.

are you sure you have XMP/DOCP enabled in BIOS? I would figure that 3200Mhz would be problematic on an R7 1700, but if it's not enabled and you run into issues once you do, you could enable it and manually turn down the frequency to 2933Mhz to mitigate it.

Quote or Tag people so they know that you've replied.

3 minutes ago, Syn. said:

are you sure you have XMP/DOCP enabled in BIOS? I would figure that 3200Mhz would be problematic on an R7 1700, but if it's not enabled and you run into issues once you do, you could enable it and manually turn down the frequency to 2933Mhz to mitigate it.

its speed was advertised as 3200mhz but i have it set to 2933mhz

47 minutes ago, MrDooDoo69 said:

First thing you have to do is to look at the CPU usage of all cores independently not Overall. Overall CPU %usage doesnt mean much, games are held back by single cores/threads one of your cores could be pegged at 100% while others are at 0% and it will show you something like 20% Overall.

So you should Monitor what exactly happens when these drops or stutterings occur. Just Monitor GPU/CPU clocks and utilisation of every single core.

Usually stuttering and drops arent a result of low utilisation, unless your GPU or CPU clocks down if there isnt enough load on it. This can be fixed with powerplans if that is the case. F.e. in the Nvidia control panel: "Power management mode" set to "prefer maximum performance". 

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800x3D | MoBo: MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | RAM: G.Skill F4-3600C15D-16GTZ @3800CL16 | GPU: RTX 2080Ti | PSU: Corsair HX1200 | 

Case: Lian Li 011D XL | Storage: Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB, Crucial MX500 500GB | Soundcard: Soundblaster ZXR | Mouse: Razer Viper Mini | Keyboard: Razer Huntsman TE Monitor: DELL AW2521H @360Hz |

16 minutes ago, DarkSmith2 said:

First thing you have to do is to look at the CPU usage of all cores independently not Overall. Overall CPU %usage doesnt mean much, games are held back by single cores/threads one of your cores could be pegged at 100% while others are at 0% and it will show you something like 20% Overall.

So you should Monitor what exactly happens when these drops or stutterings occur. Just Monitor GPU/CPU clocks and utilisation of every single core.

Usually stuttering and drops arent a result of low utilisation, unless your GPU or CPU clocks down if there isnt enough load on it. This can be fixed with powerplans if that is the case. F.e. in the Nvidia control panel: "Power management mode" set to "prefer maximum performance". 

my pwer management mode is set to prefer maximum performance

Screenshot (11).png