Zotac RTX 2060 Backplate removal

techie_noobie

Hi all, I'm really interested in getting an rtx 2060 from zotac due to its complementary colours and design for my build, especially since it has such a small form factor. To anyone who might know, I would prefer it if the backplate could be removed, and came here to ask if anyone knows how or if the backplate can be removed on this gpu (meaning the PCB would be directly exposed). This is because I have a pci wifi card above it and it might not be able to fit with the backplate on. Thanks!!

• 1 year later...
On 9/16/2020 at 2:42 AM, techie_noobie said:

Hi all, I'm really interested in getting an rtx 2060 from zotac due to its complementary colours and design for my build, especially since it has such a small form factor. To anyone who might know, I would prefer it if the backplate could be removed, and came here to ask if anyone knows how or if the backplate can be removed on this gpu (meaning the PCB would be directly exposed). This is because I have a pci wifi card above it and it might not be able to fit with the backplate on. Thanks!!

Hey, did you remove the backplate, I am asking myself the same question. I have seen that it hurts performance a little bit, so I wanted to remove it, or at least place thermopads between it and the PCB.