Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeros

TheTechGenius

I was wondering what people think about the new Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeros coming out in a few weeks (the 18th of this month).

I have been a MGS fan since the Metal Gear Solid for the first Playstation. I have played them all. And when they first announced MGS:5, I was super exited. I think they first announced it about a year in a half ago, maybe more. I have been waiting patiently for this game to be released. lol

Now they are releasing Ground Zeros first (Release date: 3/18/14), but they didn't give a release date for the Main Part of the game. I guess around the release date of Ground Zeros, they will give us a Release Date. I hope so anyway.

I think Metal Gear Solid: V is going to be one of the greatest games ever created. Konami has some of the best game developers and story tellers. And they don't cut corners and they don't do things half assed, they put their heart and soul into the games they create. 

Is anyone else looking forward to Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeros? I know I will be at Gamestop on the 18th to pick up my copy. lol

Here is the Gamestop Link to MGS:V (PS3)- http://www.gamestop.com/ps3/games/metal-gear-solid-v-ground-zeroes/112777

Ultimate 900D Build - Build Log (In Progress) - TheTechGenius MODs

I want it, but I'm not buying it day 1/pre-ordering. 

I am with you. I loved MGS1. Mind you, the first one I played with the mind to understand what was actually going on was MGS2, but whatever.

When I heard about MGS5, I thought it was Solid Snake, which irritated me because I figured his story was over (how 4 ended and all). I only just found out it's Big Boss. Fail on my part. 

It being open world is pretty cool. I think I'll enjoy it, though I'm FAR more used to CQC in the tankers and Big Shell and stuff. I think 3 helped that, but even then, the forest was basically just a level. Not open world in any form.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

I want it, but I'm not buying it day 1/pre-ordering. 

I am with you. I loved MGS1. Mind you, the first one I played with the mind to understand what was actually going on was MGS2, but whatever.

When I heard about MGS5, I thought it was Solid Snake, which irritated me because I figured his story was over (how 4 ended and all). I only just found out it's Big Boss. Fail on my part. 

It being open world is pretty cool. I think I'll enjoy it, though I'm FAR more used to CQC in the tankers and Big Shell and stuff. I think 3 helped that, but even then, the forest was basically just a level. Not open world in any form.

lol.

Yeah, MGS:5 will tell the story of Big Boss, I cannot wait. Judging from some of the Trailers of the game, Big Boss seems to be bad ass. lol

And yeah, in MGS3, the forest was just a level, far from open world. This will be the first time that an MGS game will be Open-World, and running the all new Fox Engine. It should be amazing, in terms of Visuals, Gameplay, and the Story. I can't wait.

However, some people say that Ground Zeros won't be a very long game, they say it will be very short, maybe about 2 hours of gameplay.  But that would match up to the price of the game, since the game is only about $39.99 USD brand new. I think it will be $5 - $10 cheaper if you buy the digital version. Konami said Ground Zeros will be an Introduction for the main game, so players can get used to the open world environment, so they can be ready for the main game. Konami also said that the Main Game will be 30x larger and longer then Ground Zeros. So that tells me that Ground Zeros won't be a long game, but i bet it will still be a great MGS experience. I hope it will keep me satisfied until the release of the Main Game. lol

MGS5 GZ is going to be my first PS4 game.  My brother bought a PS4 that is waiting in his closet for this game to come out.

MGS5 GZ is going to be my first PS4 game.  My brother bought a PS4 that is waiting in his closet for this game to come out.

I might be doing that too, on the 18th I will probably buy a PS4 and MGS Ground Zeros lol. I want next gen graphics when I play MGS.

Found an independent shop breaking street date.

Game was a big let down.  the main mission took me about 80 mins and there are about 5 side missions.  Not sure if it is worth the $30

I'm SUPER exited for MGSV: Ground Zeros. I've played the whole main series, never played the PSP games though. Anyway, the game is going to be $30 on all platforms (it was going to be $40 on Next gen consoles, but they changed it) Apparently it WON'T be open world (at least not much anyway). The game will be short, they are selling it for $30 for a reason, so I expect that. MGSV:The Phantom pain will be 200times bigger than Ground Zeros.

The first MGS game I played was MGS1, but I was very young and I didn't know what was going on and I never finished it. First one I finished was MGS2, and man I finished it about 10 times, if not more. I rented MGS3, I actually finished it three times. I bought MGS4, I finished it 14 times I think, and I actually got the Big Boss Emblem (yes I got it! :) ) Then I actually went back and finished MGS1. All great games, My personal favorite was MGS4 though.

The story is hard to follow and very confusing, but when you get into it and start to understand it is a masterpiece, MGS always had graphics ahead of it's time. I can't wait for Ground Zeros to come out, I'm hoping my local gamestop is having a midnight release for it. If not I suppose I'll just have to wait a little longer. 

My friend has played it, took him about 2 hours apparently

but he said it was great to get his MGS fix

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

I'm currently redboxing it for the PS3.  I've been a huge MG fan since the NES days and it's been fun playing these games.  But I can't convince myself to pay $30 for it.  I expect that MGSV will come with it, maybe for a $70 or so 'Collector's Edition' package.  I'll get it then, just to complete the collection.

CPU: Intel i7 7700K · MoBo: Asus Maximus Hero IX · RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum (2x8GB 2400MHz CL10) · GPU: EVGA SC+ GTX 980Ti (6 GB)
Case: Fractal Define R5, Black, Windowed · AMC: Corsair H90 with NF-A14 PWM (Pull)  · PSU Corsair HX 750W · SSD: 500GB Samsung 840 EVO
HDDs: WD Black 2TB and 2x Red 5TB · OS: Windows 10 · KB: Logitech 710+ · Mouse: Logitech G700S 
· Monitor: Acer XB270HU

My brother played it and streamed it over twitch to me so i could watch, took him about 3 hours the first time

he beat it in 18mins today to get a S rank on the main mission

its got about 5 45min- 1hr missions depending on how you play.

Intel i5-3570K/ Gigabyte GTX 1080/ Asus PA248Q/ Sony MDR-7506/MSI Z77A-G45/ NHD-14/Samsung 840 EVO 256GB+ Seagate Barracuda 3TB/ 16GB HyperX Blue 1600MHZ/  750w PSU/ Corsiar Carbide 500R

All of the side missions take place on the same map, this is a $30 demo... Anyone else remember when demos were free.

All of the side missions take place on the same map, this is a $30 demo... Anyone else remember when demos were free.

It isn't exactly a demo in that you have the full game. It's more of an introduction to the story of ground zeroes. I do agree that it's a little expensive for what you get but I can tell you having finished only the main story that it was worth getting if you are a metal gear fan.

I just finished it last night on PS3. It's awesome even for only 2 hours. And it has TONS of side missions. And I'd even go back and play the main mission numerous times in order to get no kill no alert competions. 

But I'm a metal gear fan boy so don't take my word for it, you might not like it. CAN'T WAIT FOR PHANTOM PAIN.

| 5820k+EK supremacy nickel+acetal white 4.5Ghz | X99 Deluxe | Enthoo Luxe | 2x gtx780+komod NV full cover block | Corsair AX1200i | WD blue 500gb |

Kingston V300 120gb | Samsung 840 Evo 500gb| Bitspower D5 vario+Res combo | primochill advanced LRT tubing (Solid White) |

| Alphacool Nexxos MONSTA dual 120mm Black Ice nemesis GTX360 triple 120mm | Noctua NF-F12 X4 | Bitspower true silver 1/2ID 3/4 OD compressions (various angles) |

I mean, I really want to play it... but unless it comes out for PC I probably won't get to play it unless I can borrow a plebstation4. I bought a ps2 specifically for MGS2. I bought a ps3 specifically for MGS4. It's not unheard of for me to buy a ps4 for MGS5 but I'd rather not. Anyone here live near FL and want to pull an all nighter with me so I can beat it in one setting when it comes out? :)

I mean, I really want to play it... but unless it comes out for PC I probably won't get to play it unless I can borrow a plebstation4. I bought a ps2 specifically for MGS2. I bought a ps3 specifically for MGS4. It's not unheard of for me to buy a ps4 for MGS5 but I'd rather not. Anyone here live near FL and want to pull an all nighter with me so I can beat it in one setting when it comes out? :)

I bought it on ps3 and I was shocked at how good it looked. I was expecting crap but it was 200% playable. 

| 5820k+EK supremacy nickel+acetal white 4.5Ghz | X99 Deluxe | Enthoo Luxe | 2x gtx780+komod NV full cover block | Corsair AX1200i | WD blue 500gb |

Kingston V300 120gb | Samsung 840 Evo 500gb| Bitspower D5 vario+Res combo | primochill advanced LRT tubing (Solid White) |

| Alphacool Nexxos MONSTA dual 120mm Black Ice nemesis GTX360 triple 120mm | Noctua NF-F12 X4 | Bitspower true silver 1/2ID 3/4 OD compressions (various angles) |