Black border - BIOS and post ..

Exo

Hello guys,

I've encountered a small aesthetic abnormality between my BIOS and post-boot before an OS is loaded successfully. There appears to be a black border around everything, leading to a somewhat downscaled BIOS/post-boot resolution. Any ideas or solutions? I'm not quite sure what's the cause for this .. the cables, the monitors, or even the card itself?

I'm running an ASUS GTX 660 DCII Top GPU, and ASUS MX239H monitors (dual screen) via. DVI (at the cards end) to HDMI.

We've only heard the best from this section, any input is appreciated.

Exo.

that probably just the native resolution of the post screen. mine is exact same on a 23" monitor.

PC SPECS: ASUS Maximus Extreme IV-Z with i7-2600K @ 4.5GHz 1.38v, GSkill Sniper series 4x4GB DDR3-2133MHz 9-11-10-28 1.65v, ASUS ENGTX260 TOP, OCZ ZX 850Watt,Mushkin Enhanced Chronos 120GB SSD OS drive, Dual ASUS VH238H 23" LED monitors, 5TB storgae 2x2TB HDD and 1 TB black download drive, Antec DF-85 case with 4x120mm and 2x140mm fans, Gemini II cpu cooler with 2x120mm fans.  Logitech G19 keyboard

HDMI doesnt scale like DVI & VGA does. thats why some people experience a border around their screen even at the desktop, thats if they havent enabled scaling in their CCC/Nvidia control panel

it isnt a problem with your computer, it happens to mostly everyone.

My build: i5 3570k @ Stock // Arctic Freezer i30 CPU Cooler // 7970 3GB @ 1000MHz Core 1500Mhz Memory // 8GB RAM @ 1333MHz // WD Caviar Black 1TB // WD Caviar Blue 1TB // Corsair 300R