Show main taskbar on specific display

alexnt

I have added a 3rd monitor. I will use it only for gaming so it won't be powered on all the time.

However, I have set it as display number 1 because I have some games that cannot change on which display they will run as there is not such option in the in-game menu.

So, when I power it on, the main taskbar(the one with the buttons) goes to that monitor and I have to drag it on the second monitor.

How can I set it to be on the 2nd monitor by default?

You can't specifify the display (at least, not through native WIndows settings) but you can set it so that buttons are on all task bars. 

The system tray and search box are only even on the primary monitor I believe. 

You can change the settings by right clicking on the task bar and clicking Taskbar settings.

3 minutes ago, Oshino Shinobu said:

You can't specifify the display (at least, not through native WIndows settings) but you can set it so that buttons are on all task bars. 

The system tray and search box are only even on the primary monitor I believe. 

You can change the settings by right clicking on the task bar and clicking Taskbar settings.

Is this option available in 3rd party software like displayfusion?

I don't like the main taskbar on all monitors.

Just now, alexnt said:

Is this option available in 3rd party software like displayfusion?

I don't like the main taskbar on all monitors.

I don't know on that I'm afraid, I've not used them.

1 minute ago, Oshino Shinobu said:

I don't know on that I'm afraid, I've not used them.

Do you know how to change on which monitor these games could run?

Just now, alexnt said:

Do you know how to change on which monitor these games could run?

Depends on the game really. If you use fullscreen, most will default to the primary monitor. Some will allow you to move them and then fullscreen on whatever monitor the window was on and some will allow you to pick from monitor 1 to 3 or however many you have. If the game doesn't support switching monitors the way you want, you often don't have much of a choice but to live with it, though you could try making a feature suggestion to the developers. 

I have some games that will only fullscreen to the primary monitor, so I just quickly switch my primary monitor to the one I want when playing that game, then switch it back when I'm done. Doesn't take very long. I know people have asked before if there's a shortcut or similar to switch primary monitors but there isn't as far as I know. It's almost certainly possible to do it via a powershell script and then bind that to a shortcut, but I've not looked into it enough to know how to do it. Switching main monitors isn't enough hassle for me to go searching for the powershell system functions.

2 minutes ago, Oshino Shinobu said:

Depends on the game really. If you use fullscreen, most will default to the primary monitor. Some will allow you to move them and then fullscreen on whatever monitor the window was on and some will allow you to pick from monitor 1 to 3 or however many you have. If the game doesn't support switching monitors the way you want, you often don't have much of a choice but to live with it, though you could try making a feature suggestion to the developers. 

I have some games that will only fullscreen to the primary monitor, so I just quickly switch my primary monitor to the one I want when playing that game, then switch it back when I'm done. Doesn't take very long. I know people have asked before if there's a shortcut or similar to switch primary monitors but there isn't as far as I know. It's almost certainly possible to do it via a powershell script and then bind that to a shortcut, but I've not looked into it enough to know how to do it. Switching main monitors isn't enough hassle for me to go searching for the powershell system functions.

I will go that way too, I guess.

I'm just searching displayfusion options and if I find anything I will post.

Thank you.