I need some help with what headphones to get

nixproducer

I was wondering what your guys opinions are on the Bose AE2, or the ATH m50 or the Sennhieser HD518 i would get the HD 518 but i was really looking for headphones that fold down so that i can put them on my shoulders or if you have other recommendations link me to them please also i would prefer leather but it does not need to be also i do not want it to be more 130$ USD, Thanks

Christian and Proud of it

Please read the CoC                                                                                                                                                                                                                              My Build Log 

I would probably go with 518 out of those options

If you can get the m50 for 100$, that's decent too, but it does have its flaws

Error: 410

I would probably go with 518 out of those options

If you can get the m50 for 100$, that's decent too, but it does have its flaws

What flaws do they have and what do you think about the Bose AE2 because out of those i tried them on in a store and they were really comfortable which is also a big point for me 

Please read the CoC                                                                                                                                                                                                                              My Build Log 

What flaws do they have and what do you think about the Bose AE2 because out of those i tried them on in a store and they were really comfortable which is also a big point for me 

Comfort is a big one, and typically pricing. 

Error: 410

M50 get extremely uncomfortable after a while because they mostly sit on your ears and not over. They also don't sound like anything special. They're usually around $140 and at that price you can usually get a used DT770 or spend like $20-30 more and get a new pair which are much better.

I would have to save up for those but i can get the HD518s now do think that the 558 Are worth it to wait 

I am getting mine hopefully tomorrow or Sunday so I could let you now. I went with them since they look better and my teacher has the 518 and has used the 558 and said it's worth the little extra.

\

I would have to save up for those but i can get the HD518s now do think that the 558 Are worth it to wait 

They have the same drivers if I'm not mistaken. The enclosure is different though. I'd say just grab the 518 since they're only $78 on amazon right now. I don't think the $50 difference is worth it. 

I am getting mine hopefully tomorrow or Sunday so I could let you now. I went with them since they look better and my teacher has the 518 and has used the 558 and said it's worth the little extra.

So you are saying that it is worth the extra 50 bucks

They have the same drivers if I'm not mistaken. The enclosure is different though. I'd say just grab the 518 since they're only $78 on amazon right now. I don't think the $50 difference is worth it. 

and you are saying that they are not worth it 

So which should i get because i would have to wait some time to get the 558 but the 518 i could get any time

So you are saying that it is worth the extra 50 bucks

and you are saying that they are not worth it 

So which should i get because i would have to wait some time to get the 558 but the 518 i could get any time

I was saying get the 518. He's in South Africa so the prices could be different. 

Also there are only 3 left in stock on amazon of the 518 so i am leaning towards them

I was saying get the 518. He's in South Africa so the prices could be different. 

Also there are only 3 left in stock on amazon of the 518 so i am leaning towards them

^^ Sorry i replied before i saw your post

I'd probably lean toward Sennheiser because the sound quality tends to be better than those others and very comfortable, you are fine with them being open right?

^^ Sorry i replied before i saw your post

The CHC Silverados are amazing and are on a massive sale right now at $80 on Amazon! They're like $200 headphones. You should consider getting them. They are closed headphones though.

The CHC Silverados are amazing and are on a massive sale right now at $80 on Amazon! They're like $200 headphones. You should consider getting them. They are closed headphones though.

Well i already ordered the HD518 and i got the last one in stock so i hope i like them and thanks for your recommendations

M50 get extremely uncomfortable after a while because they mostly sit on your ears and not over. They also don't sound like anything special. They're usually around $140 and at that price you can usually get a used DT770 or spend like $20-30 more and get a new pair which are much better.

I have a relatively large head and ears and I haven't experienced this issue of the headphones sitting on the ears instead of around nor have I ever heard anyone mention that issue here on the forum's. Yes, the aren't the most comfortable pair of headphones in the world, but they aren't bad by any means. I think they might be a great option for OP to consider because they fit within his budget and fold down for compact traveling all while providing solid sound quality.    

Worship the Lord GabeN for he is your one true god!!!!

The Lord's Prayer

I have a relatively large head and ears and I haven't experienced this issue of the headphones sitting on the ears instead of around nor have I ever heard anyone mention that issue here on the forum's. Yes, the aren't the most comfortable pair of headphones in the world, but they aren't bad by any means. I think they might be a great option for OP to consider because they fit within his budget and fold down for compact traveling all while providing solid sound quality.    

I've seen a lot of people complain about it in this forum actually. Search M50 and you will probably find it in most of the threads.

I've seen a lot of people complain about it in this forum actually. Search M50 and you will probably find it in most of the threads.

Nothing in the last 2 months has mentioned anything about the headphones not sitting around the ear but on the ear. 

Worship the Lord GabeN for he is your one true god!!!!

The Lord's Prayer

I feel like the CHC Silverado is $80 on sale right now, and a much better option than shit-50's

I know, Mr. Musk, I know, you're perfectly happy with yours, but lets be honest - they're becoming the new Beats. Do I even have to explain why that's a bad thing?