24/7 budget pc build

Guest S Anu

I’m custom building a pc for a cctv server. It doesn’t need anything powerful. It just acts as a cctv file backup. I have some CCTV’s with record locally to a micro sd card, but I want to back it up. The manufacturer has some software to run it.

This is what I had in mind

CPU: AMD ATHLON 3000G

Motherboard: GIGABYTE A320M-S2H V2

RAM: DDR4/2666 4gb KINGSTON HyperX FURY BLACK 

Boot drive: 120 GB KINGSTON SATA M.2 SSD SA400M8 2280 
Storage drive:
 Seagate 2TB SkyHawk Surveillance HDD 3.5" 5900RPM SATA3
PSU: CORSAIR CV450 450W
Case: COOLER MASTER MASTERBOX LITE 3

Note: I’m on a tight budget and I don’t want to spend more than $350. So I want to use the box cooler and integrated graphics.

This has to run 24/7 because the all the software does in to record the live feed.

Will this build be suitable?

Increase RAM to 8GB and SSD to 256gb - cost is practically the same, and you don't need a surveillance drive. You can get a normal Seagate blue or something.. 1TB is probably enough too. Unless you're storing a real bunch, in which case I'd build a better PC altogether.  

1 hour ago, Light-Yagami said:

Increase RAM to 8GB and SSD to 256gb - cost is practically the same, and you don't need a surveillance drive. You can get a normal Seagate blue or something.. 1TB is probably enough too. Unless you're storing a real bunch, in which case I'd build a better PC altogether.  

My main point is to record CCTV footage into the surveillance drive and I need 2 tb because I have 10cameras. The 120gb m.2 ssd is just to boot windows. But great point with the ram. I think I will think about it

What about 8 gb ddr4 2666 APACER LONG-DIMM