ASUS X570-F Bios update causes crackling audio

ftahir192

I have an Asus X570-F motherboard and just updated the bios from 2207 to 2608 as this has added GPU support. I've set the exact same bios settings which include some fan curve changes and setting the D.O.C.P profile.

This now causes crackling audio from any source, whether it's on Chrome or any other application. I've found that configuring my D.O.C.P settings manually but dropping the frequency from 3600Mhz to 3466Mhz fixes this issue. Although it's a minor drop it's not really desirable. 

The D.O.C.P settings are: 3600Mhz at 16-18-18-18-38 timings @1.350V. All other voltages have been left intact.

I initally thought this was something to do with SOC/VDDP settings as I read online but I've tried tweaking these to suggested amounts and this just causes sporadic shutdowns/doesn't even fix the issue. it could be that I have set the wrong voltages as this was based on MSI's bios which renames things slightly different.

For what it's worth mentioning, this issue occurs with all bios updates after 2207. Again, lowering the frequency or setting it to Auto fixes this.

Specs:

Ryzen 7 3700X

Asus X570-F Gaming motherboard

Crucial Ballistix RGB 2x8gb @ 3600mhz

MSI Gaming X Trio 2070 Super

Corsair RM750X Psu

Any help would be much appreciated.

• 1 month later...

I'm also having random reboots and audio issues after update to 2608. I didn't have the issues on 2606. 

I had to abandon my CCX overclocks which worked in a previous bios.

3900x

Asus x570-f

G.skill 3600 mhz cl 19 2x 16 GB

• 7 months later...
On 9/12/2020 at 2:17 AM, ftahir192 said:

I have an Asus X570-F motherboard and just updated the bios from 2207 to 2608 as this has added GPU support. I've set the exact same bios settings which include some fan curve changes and setting the D.O.C.P profile.

This now causes crackling audio from any source, whether it's on Chrome or any other application. I've found that configuring my D.O.C.P settings manually but dropping the frequency from 3600Mhz to 3466Mhz fixes this issue. Although it's a minor drop it's not really desirable. 

The D.O.C.P settings are: 3600Mhz at 16-18-18-18-38 timings @1.350V. All other voltages have been left intact.

I initally thought this was something to do with SOC/VDDP settings as I read online but I've tried tweaking these to suggested amounts and this just causes sporadic shutdowns/doesn't even fix the issue. it could be that I have set the wrong voltages as this was based on MSI's bios which renames things slightly different.

For what it's worth mentioning, this issue occurs with all bios updates after 2207. Again, lowering the frequency or setting it to Auto fixes this.

Specs:

Ryzen 7 3700X

Crucial Ballistix RGB 2x8gb @ 3600mhz

Corsair RM750X Psu

Any help would be much appreciated.

Did u get this fixed? I'm having audio issues too.

Specs:

Ryzen 7 5800X

G.SKill RGB 2x8gb @ 3600mhz

Corsair RM750X Psu