Ups beeps

lior1111
Go to solution Solved by GhostRoadieBL,

850VA UPS has 510Watts available or is it an 1100VA UPS with 850Watts?

UPS will beep when you are drawing more power through it than the internal electronics by design can supply and it starts discharging the battery to make up the difference. This also happens when your outlet cannot supply enough power to the system (like having a kettle and hairdryer plugged into the same outlet) to try and supply the extra power needed the UPS will make up the difference with battery power and beep because it is discharging the battery. 

"Understanding Volt AMP (VA) rating:

The VA rating of your unit represents the volume of electricity that the unit is designed to protect. Exceeding the VA rating of your ups is a common cause of UPS problems, even when the power is not out."

http://www.refurbups.com/Understanding-What-Volt-Amp-VA-Rating-Means

Hey guys, 

Recently I got a triple monitor setup for my gaming pc which relies on a 650w psu, it rocks gtx 1080 and i7 8700.

Up until now my 850 ups worked fine with very rarely beeping after plugging in my racing wheel g920. 

Recently after about 1hr of simracing sessions on my setup, the ups starts beeing and stops only when shuts down.

I do not understand why, i thought that the amount of VA on ups determines how long you can keep power on shutdown, not how much power you can provide to the pc. 

I was thinking that even if you get a 850w ups on a power hungry 650w system it will still be ok maybe until a power outage where it will shut down super fast (which is not ideal i know, but my point is that i thought a ups should always work and have full battery when plugged in with power) 

Please, can someone explain this to a ups noob? Thank you! 

5 minutes ago, lior1111 said:

a triple monitor setup

Are all the monitors connected to the UPS as well? You should list everything that is connected to it. Also, you don't mention what UPS you even have -- how's anyone supposed to tell you much without that bit of info?

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

UPS will beep when you are drawing more power through it than the internal electronics by design can supply and it starts discharging the battery to make up the difference. This also happens when your outlet cannot supply enough power to the system (like having a kettle and hairdryer plugged into the same outlet) to try and supply the extra power needed the UPS will make up the difference with battery power and beep because it is discharging the battery. 

The VA rating of your unit represents the volume of electricity that the unit is designed to protect. Exceeding the VA rating of your ups is a common cause of UPS problems, even when the power is not out."

The best gaming PC is the PC you like to game on, how you like to game on it

1 hour ago, GhostRoadieBL said:

Really all i needed to hear man. Thanks! Ill getget a 1500va

I have a 650w psu, 850va ups