fan extensions

ok so im doing a new build 10700k rtx3070 (when released) build wont be fully finished but im starting to order parts that im not concerned about testing to much. like fans, fan controller, case etc

i was inputing 6 noctua nf-a14 pwn chromax black fans into a phanteks p600s and noticed even with the included fan extensions im still gonna come up short if i want to put the corsair commander pro fan controller in the "basement" is there any restrictions or issues with plugging multiple fan extension cables into a single fan. i have 6 140mm fans and there is 6 fan headers on the controller so i wont be doubling up at all the cpu fans from a noctua nh-d15 chromax black will be plugged directly into a asus tuf z490 plus wifi

Those fans aren't RGB so the Commander Pro would be a waste. Just grab a standard PWN fan hub with enough fan headers. The Corsair Commander Pro is specifically for RGB fans and LEDs and is like $75 in the US. You can get an 8 header standard PWM fan hub for like $25 in the US, Silverstone and Phanteks make them. 

Main Desktop: CPU - i9-14900k | Mobo - Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite AX DDR4 | GPU - ASUS TUF Gaming OC RTX 4090 RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB 3600mhz | AIO - H150i Pro XT | PSU - Corsair RM1000X | Case - Phanteks P500A Digital - White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB Nvme / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2tb Nvme / Samsung 870 QVO 4TB  |

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 - Phantom Black 512GB |

2 hours ago, SpookyCitrus said:

Those fans aren't RGB so the Commander Pro would be a waste. Just grab a standard PWN fan hub with enough fan headers. The Corsair Commander Pro is specifically for RGB fans and LEDs and is like $75 in the US. You can get an 8 header standard PWM fan hub for like $25 in the US, Silverstone and Phanteks make them. 

i want something made my corsair because i like the corsair software. and i might put a couple led strips in which i can use the corsair software for, plus it has temp control which i like using. not to mention the phanteks fan controller only holds 2 3 pin fans and 4 4 pin fans. i need 6 4 pin fan controls. i know i could buy a splitter but that defeats the purpose of having full control

18 hours ago, SpookyCitrus said:

You are bit wrong there. Commander Pro is fan controller, and only recently added RGB options. Its not specifically made for RGB, Corsair has two other controllers for that.

16 hours ago, truckerlenny1990 said:

i want something made my corsair because i like the corsair software. and i might put a couple led strips in which i can use the corsair software for, plus it has temp control which i like using. not to mention the phanteks fan controller only holds 2 3 pin fans and 4 4 pin fans. i need 6 4 pin fan controls. i know i could buy a splitter but that defeats the purpose of having full control

If you like Corsair, go Corsair. Just note that Corsair is ecosystem. For LEDs they use proprietary connectors. While you can get adapters from standard ARGB to Corsair, the point is to get Corsair and only Corsair. Fan controls are universal.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

1 hour ago, LogicalDrm said:

You are bit wrong there. Commander Pro is fan controller, and only recently added RGB options. Its not specifically made for RGB, Corsair has two other controllers for that.

If you like Corsair, go Corsair. Just note that Corsair is ecosystem. For LEDs they use proprietary connectors. While you can get adapters from standard ARGB to Corsair, the point is to get Corsair and only Corsair. Fan controls are universal.

I plan on buying a Corsair psu and even ram although ram will be basic 3200 MHz ram no rgb. My fans are nocturnal nf-a14 chromax black but my consent is that even with one fan extension it still ain’t long enough is it ok to use multiple extension on one fan