New Setup for Single PC Streaming and Gaming

Psybronik

Budget (including currency): INR 100000

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Gaming (2K 144hz) and Streaming at (1080P 60FPS) 

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

Hi Everyone

i play Battle Royale games on 144hz at 1080p. 

i need to build a Streaming and Gaming setup in one pc where i will play games mostly on 2k @144hz and stream at 1080p 60FPS.

i need a New Mobo, GPU and CPU that can help to achieve this. Please note that my budget is INR 100000.

My Existing Setup :

i7 6700K

Zotac GTX 970 Extreme

Gigabyte G5 Gaming mobo

Corsair H100v2 Cooler

Corsair Rm750x PSU

Gskill V - 2*8GB @3200HZ

Please let me know if i have to change anything else int he system.

Appreciate your help.  

You can reuse the Cooler, PSU, and RAM.

I would also wait a month for Ryzen 4000, and see when India gets the RTX 3000 series cards. You could probably get a Ryzen 5 4600 (whatever succeeds the 3600) and an RTX 3070 for that much.

For now just wait. There is no point in getting anything right now as the new rtx 3000 series of gpus are launching. You can just get a new 3000 series card and use the card to encode your stream. If you are happy with the quality of that then stick with it if not then your upgrade to a new ryzen 4000 system which is launching this fall. All you would need after a gpu upgrade is cpu and a motherboard but I cannot recommend you anything till both the new cpu's and gpu's launch.

1 minute ago, Aereldor said:

You can reuse the Cooler, PSU, and RAM.

I would also wait a month for Ryzen 4000, and see when India gets the RTX 3000 series cards. You could probably get a Ryzen 5 4600 (whatever succeeds the 3600) and an RTX 3070 for that much.

1 minute ago, jaslion said:

For now just wait. There is no point in getting anything right now as the new rtx 3000 series of gpus are launching. You can just get a new 3000 series card and use the card to encode your stream. If you are happy with the quality of that then stick with it if not then your upgrade to a new ryzen 4000 system which is launching this fall. All you would need after a gpu upgrade is cpu and a motherboard but I cannot recommend you anything till both the new cpu's and gpu's launch.

Thank you both for responding , appreciate that.

i am waiting for the new CPUs from AMD before making a purchase. i want to know if i go for 3080, will it be able to handle gaming and streaming (as per above information).

Also do i need an 8 or 10 core(as per the leaks on AMD cpus) Cpu or a 6 core will do for my requirement ?

1 minute ago, Psybronik said:

i am waiting for the new CPUs from AMD before making a purchase. i want to know if i go for 3080, will it be able to handle gaming and streaming (as per above information).

Also do i need an 8 or 10 core(as per the leaks on AMD cpus) Cpu or a 6 core will do for my requirement ?

Totally depends on what you use to stream. If you use the gpu to encode then you can still use your 6700k no problem. If you use the cpu you would need at least an 8core/16thread cpu.

We do not have any reviews on any of the products mentioned here so I would not know how they will perform. A current 2080ti would do all the tasks you want without too much trouble (part from being stupid overpriced). So IF the 3070 is as good as promised it would most likely also do the job.

5 minutes ago, Psybronik said:

Prices seem different in India, I'm not sure you can afford a 3080 and a Ryzen 7 chip.

3 minutes ago, jaslion said:

Totally depends on what you use to stream. If you use the gpu to encode then you can still use your 6700k no problem. If you use the cpu you would need at least an 8core/16thread cpu.

We do not have any reviews on any of the products mentioned here so I would not know how they will perform. A current 2080ti would do all the tasks you want without too much trouble (part from being stupid overpriced). So IF the 3070 is as good as promised it would most likely also do the job.

i will be using the Nvenc Encode for Streaming, i hope a 3080 can handle both, Gaming and streaming at that resolution. i will be going for a 3080

1 minute ago, Aereldor said:

Prices seem different in India, I'm not sure you can afford a 3080 and a Ryzen 7 chip.

Can i run a ryzen 5 chip with 3080 and use Nvenc Encoder to stream..can this combo handle the streaming and gaming at the said resolution ?

50 minutes ago, Psybronik said:

Can i run a ryzen 5 chip with 3080 and use Nvenc Encoder to stream..can this combo handle the streaming and gaming at the said resolution ?

Just keep your 6700k it is plenty if you use the nvence encoder. Especially with an oc.