Bottleneck

AustinBurke

So I’m planning on getting the 3070 when it comes out but I need to buy a new cpu but i don’t know what cpu I should buy so my pc won’t bottleneck, I’m thinking about getting the Ryzen 7 2700 or 3700 or the 3800 but I’m not sure what one to buy. I don’t want to spend a bunch of money on a cpu either. Please help, also I use 1080p

12 minutes ago, AustinBurke said:

So I’m planning on getting the 3070 when it comes out but I need to buy a new cpu but i don’t know what cpu I should buy so my pc won’t bottleneck, I’m thinking about getting the Ryzen 7 2700 or 3700 or the 3800 but I’m not sure what one to buy. I don’t want to spend a bunch of money on a cpu either. Please help, also I use 1080p

the 3600 should be fine. For 1080p, you might just want to wait for RDNA2 (AMDs next gen GPUs), or for the 3060/S/Ti

I am NOT a professional and a lot of the time what I'm saying is based on limited knowledge and experience. I'm going to be incorrect at times. 

Motherboard Tier List                   How many watts do I need?
Best B550 Motherboards             Best Intel Z490 Motherboards

PC Troubleshooting                      You don't need a big PSU

PSU Tier List                                Common pc building mistakes 
PC BUILD Guide! (POV)              How to Overclock your CPU 

None of the above, because the Zen 3 announcement will happen before the 3070 release date, so don't buy anything.

44 minutes ago, AustinBurke said:

also I use 1080p

If you're planning on using a card that powerful, you might as well save up for a 1440p monitor soon after you get the card. No point getting another ~100 frames on CS:GO that you can't tell the difference between your old card anyway.

My Build (5800X3D, RTX 3070)

disclaimer: i probably don't know what I'm talking about but I try to give the best advice I can