Noob Overclocking my 3900x

So from my reading I may have hit the silicon lottery with my 3900x, but I wanted to check with the community to make sure I'm doing it right or I don't potentially break my pc down the road. I have finally taken the plunge and built my first high end pc from scratch.

My bios is set to auto for everything except CPU voltage at 1.35 and xmp is on profile 1

Using Ryzen Master I have achieved a stable 4.4 ghz on all cores. I changed the Voltage limit to 1.3 and bumped up all cores starting at 3900 until it crashed at 4500 and then I backed it down to 4400. I used Cinebench R20 for all testing in a loop. If I leave Cinebench running for too long it WILL thermal throttle, but that doesn't seem to be a real world scenario and with hours of gaming my temps never got over 72c with my aio.

I made two identical profiles with Ryzen master one for Workstation and one for gaming. The only difference is simultaneous multithreading is off with the gaming profile which greatly helps with temps that now hover in the mid 60c's while gaming.

So did I hit the silicon lottery? I read that most people can't get above 4.2. Or am I doing something wrong and potentially about to break my $3000 pc?

you are majorly lucky, 4.4 at 1.3 volts is really good, you can probably push it to 4.5 if you had better cooling to support 1.4v

The best gaming PC is the PC you like to game on, how you like to game on it

50 minutes ago, GhostRoadieBL said:

you are majorly lucky, 4.4 at 1.3 volts is really good, you can probably push it to 4.5 if you had better cooling to support 1.4v

I'm using a Thermtake Floe DX 240. Not sure if that's sufficient. I didn't try 1.4v. I was so elated to get 4.4 and I'm not sure if 1.4v is safe.

A 240 probably won't be enough for 1.4v 

The best gaming PC is the PC you like to game on, how you like to game on it

5 hours ago, GhostRoadieBL said:

A 240 probably won't be enough for 1.4v 

Tried last night at 1.4v couldn't go any higher then 4425. Dropped it back down to 1.3v and kept it at 4425 and it's stable at that frequency. Probably gonna have to test each core individually. I'm just gonna wait for 1usmus's software to be released soon that promises to do all that work for me automatically.