About activate windows watermark

Fzero

So the story is I had original window 10 pro on my hdd then i bought an ssd an transfered it there and everything was fine and now after buillding a new computer after i booted everything was the same but after two days the watermark apperead and says i havent activated it and i don't really understand why this happened and what to do?

The Windows 10 licence hooks into the hardware (mainly the motherboard) of your system. If it recognizes the hardware has been changed it will need to be reactivated again.

There's a time and place for everything! But not now. - Professor Oak

i7 2600K 4.3GHz  -  GTX 1060 3GB  - ASUS P8Z68-V - 16GB DDR3-1600 CL9 - EIZO 1080p 120Hz VA

Intel Skulltrail: 2x Core 2 Quad QX9775 - Intel D5400XS - 16GB FB DDR2-800 CL5 Quad Channel

EVGA SR-2 Classified - 2x Xeon X5675 4.2GHz - 24GB DDR3-1830 C10 Triple Channel

Intel Skulltrail #2: 2x Xeon E5472  - Intel D5400XS - 16GB FB DDR2-667 CL5 Quad Channel

Call microsoft, prepare you old key.

They will give you a new activ key.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

I mean, you need to activate on new hardware. It resets if you change motherboard. You can either enter original key, or if its connected to your MS account, just log in.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

or run the troubleshooter....If it finds traces of the key linked to your hardware it will activate.

want to install chrome os? here's how.

"If elevators hadn't been invented, all the CEOs and important people would have their offices on the first floor as a sign of status...........

....And the entry level employees would be up on the 80th floor."

On 9/9/2020 at 3:34 PM, Fzero said:

So the story is I had original window 10 pro on my hdd then i bought an ssd an transfered it there and everything was fine and now after buillding a new computer after i booted everything was the same but after two days the watermark apperead and says i havent activated it and i don't really understand why this happened and what to do?

Hey, I had a similar issue happen to me and after reading a few articles online. I tried running the troubleshooter and that helped me remove the watermark. If troubleshooting does not work, you can check this article (https://devsjournal.com/how-to-remove-activate-windows-watermark.html). The article contains other solutions to fix this issue.Hope this is helpful.