How do I fix generic PnP monitor?

DeagleMaster

My Asus mg278q shows up as generic PnP monitor. I have tried searching for new drivers, but windows didn't find any. I have tried uninstalling the driver, this didn't work either. I have tried running the sfc command in cmd, this didn't work. Does anyone have any idea how I can fix this issue?

What problem are you trying to solve? Is this impacting the functionality of the monitor or anything else?

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

20 minutes ago, Lurick said:

What problem are you trying to solve? Is this impacting the functionality of the monitor or anything else?

I am having a few issues with flickering

On 9/7/2020 at 10:08 PM, DeagleMaster said:

What software? I've searched for a driver without success for 30 minutes

I mean, the link was right there. If you want I can take a guess at what OS you use and provide you with 2 fewer clicks https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/LCD Monitors/Utility/MultiFrame_1_1_1_1.zip

8700k @5.0GHz | Maximus X Hero | RAM 32GB @3200MHz CL14 | 1080 TI | SSD 250GB + 2x500GB Raid 0 | Monitor 1440p 165Hz ISP

8 hours ago, A_Mediocre_Kangaroo_Farmer said:

I mean, the link was right there. If you want I can take a guess at what OS you use and provide you with 2 fewer clicks https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/LCD Monitors/Utility/MultiFrame_1_1_1_1.zip

Isn't that the multiframe utility. I thought that it was only a software for setting up multiple monitors.

On 9/7/2020 at 9:15 PM, DeagleMaster said:

My Asus mg278q shows up as generic PnP monitor. I have tried searching for new drivers, but windows didn't find any. I have tried uninstalling the driver, this didn't work either. I have tried running the sfc command in cmd, this didn't work. Does anyone have any idea how I can fix this issue?

it probably means that you are using the basic windows monitor drivers. go to the manufacturers website and download the latest drivers and install them manually. the built in windows driver updater is horseshit.

Core I5 8600k @5GHz | Asus Strix OC GeForce GTX 1070 | 2x8 GB DDR4 2666MHz | Fractal Design Define C TG | Fractal Design Celcius S24 | Crucial MX300 525GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 RPM HDD | MSI Krait Gaming z370