Wireless Mouse Search

I've been using a Razer Deathadder Elite for a while now and I love it, but I've been considering going wireless. When I first started gaming on PC I didn't even notice the cable drag, but recently its become really noticeable when I'm snapping around during intense fights in FPS games. The mouse that has mostly caught my attention is the Logitech G502 Lightspeed. However, I'm seeing a lot of mixed reviews on it. So, I pose the question, what are some solid wireless mouses that are worth looking into?

P.S., I've considered trying a mouse bungee, but I don't really have a good spot for it on my desk. Also, in regards to wireless mouses, the price doesn't matter to me. I'm willing to spend the money if the mouse is truly worth it.

I’ve heard the g502 and gpro wireless are both amazing. I personally have a g903 that I love but not many people recommend it, idk why though.

I am far from an expert in this so please correct me if I’m wrong.

Quote or tag me so I can see your response

PSU Tier List

Motherboard Tier List

Graphics Card Cooling Tier List

CPU Cooler Tier List

SSD Tier List

PARROT GANG

Mentioned in 7/10/20 WAN Show

Mentioned in 7/15/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 7/17/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 7/31/20 WAN Show

Mentioned in 7/31/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/3/20 Techlinked

Mentioned twice in 8/5/20 Techlinked

Mentioned twice in 8/7/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/12/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/19/20 Techlinked

Just now, zeusthemoose said:

I’ve heard the g502 and gpro wireless are both amazing. I personally have a g903 that I love but not many people recommend it, idk why though.

I looked at the G903 also, but I personally like the ergonomics of the G502 better. So that's why I was looking into it. And I've always heard good things about the G502 Hero.

Everyone, Creator初音ミク Hatsune Miku Google commercial.

Cameras: Main: Canon 70D - Secondary: Panasonic GX85 - Spare: Samsung ST68. - Action cams: GoPro Hero+, Akaso EK7000pro

Dead cameras: Nikion s4000, Canon XTi

Pc's

Spoiler

Dell optiplex 5050 (main) - i5-6500- 20GB ram -500gb samsung 970 evo  500gb WD blue HDD - dvd r/w

HP compaq 8300 prebuilt - Intel i5-3470 - 8GB ram - 500GB HDD - bluray drive

old windows 7 gaming desktop - Intel i5 2400 - lenovo CIH61M V:1.0 - 4GB ram - 1TB HDD - dual DVD r/w

main laptop acer e5 15 - Intel i3 7th gen - 16GB ram - 1TB HDD - dvd drive                                                                     

school laptop lenovo 300e chromebook 2nd gen - Intel celeron - 4GB ram - 32GB SSD 

audio mac- 2017 apple macbook air A1466 EMC 3178

Any questions? pm me.

#Muricaparrotgang                                                                                   

9 hours ago, sub68 said:

It looks really nice, but some of the button placement along the left side looks a bit odd to me. I feel like the fleshy part of my hand where the thumb meets the palm would click two of the buttons unintentionally.

11 hours ago, BRadjeff7 said:

P.S., I've considered trying a mouse bungee, but I don't really have a good spot for it on my desk. Also, in regards to wireless mouses, the price doesn't matter to me. I'm willing to spend the money if the mouse is truly worth it.

I'd have to see your desk to understand how you don't have a good spot. Bungees come in a lot of different shapes and sizes, and some that detach and you can attach them to the underside of your monitor with some VHB tape. Really, there are a lot of ways around lack of desk space.

Personally, I'd try for a solution before going wireless, but that's just me.

I love Logitech, and their mice. I own and have used the G502, G502 lightspeed, and G903 lightspeed. I love the G502 design, it's my favorite mouse.

However, ive used 2 separate G502 lightspeeds and they both have had button problems. Logitech sent me a G903 this time, instead of another G502. I'm currently using it and its great, but its only been a few days. Idk if it has button issues as well. HOPEFULLY NOT.

Just some insight.

Also, wireless logitech mouse + powerplay is awesome. I made a cardboard cutout that fits around the powerplay pad, and i put my huge mouse pad over it. 

Doing this, you can make the powerplay compatible with ANY mouse pad size. :D

Im not sponsored btw. >_>

3 minutes ago, JakeSublime said:

Logitech sent me a G903 this time, instead of another G502. I'm currently using it and its great, but its only been a few days. Idk if it has button issues as well. HOPEFULLY NOT.

Ah yes, that’s what I forgot to mention. I am currently on my 3rd g903 in I think less than 3 years. The first one had a double click issue and the second had a couple minor issues. Both times they got replaced no issue by Logitech. Except for the fact that they wanted me to smash the second one on camera before they sent the replacement. I believe this is a common Logitech issue so, @BRadjeff7 consider that when choosing a mouse.

PSU Tier List

Motherboard Tier List

CPU Cooler Tier List

SSD Tier List

PARROT GANG

@zeusthemoose Thats one of the issues ive had, and logitech does replace without any problems.

They also told me to destroy it on camera too.. I didnt. They still sent me another mouse after that too. I even TOLD THE REP on the phone and he said "Ah its whatever, keep them all and we'll send you a G903. Hang up the old mice on your wall or something". 

Literally. XD 

2 minutes ago, JakeSublime said:

@zeusthemoose Thats one of the issues ive had, and logitech does replace without any problems.

They also told me to destroy it on camera too.. I didnt. They still sent me another mouse after that too. I even TOLD THE REP on the phone and he said "Ah its whatever, keep them all and we'll send you a G903. Hang up the old mice on your wall or something". 

Literally. XD 

Lucky, I was able to destroy it after I got the new one because it’s my only mouse. But they did say if I didn’t send a video with it being destroyed, the warranty would be invalidated and I didn’t want to take that risk even if the mouse still partially worked and I could use it because chances are it will need to be replaced again. In fact, I am still using the first one as a backup, I just deal with the occasional malfunction.

PSU Tier List

Motherboard Tier List

CPU Cooler Tier List

SSD Tier List

PARROT GANG

I feel that, thats what I did but when the time came to destroy my mouse, I just couldnt bring myself to sledge hammer it.. 😢 

I recommend against doing what I did, and adhering to a companies warranty standards. 

Well guys, I ended picking up a g502 lightspeed yesterday. I tried out the g903 and the g pro wireless in the store, and I just didn't like the feel of the ambidextrous mice. Something about them just didn't feel as comfortable in the hand as the g502. I'm going to run this one and see how it does. If I end up really liking it, I think I just might have to go back and get one of those powerplay pads so that I never have to worry about charging it again 😅

48 minutes ago, BRadjeff7 said:

Well guys, I ended picking up a g502 lightspeed yesterday. I tried out the g903 and the g pro wireless in the store, and I just didn't like the feel of the ambidextrous mice. Something about them just didn't feel as comfortable in the hand as the g502. I'm going to run this one and see how it does. If I end up really liking it, I think I just might have to go back and get one of those powerplay pads so that I never have to worry about charging it again 😅

Definitely a good choice. This mouse has very well designed scroll + the sensor is also more than enough here. What are your experiences with G502 though? What is good and what would you say that that could be done better?

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/14/2020 at 4:59 AM, Dream Machines Official said:

Definitely a good choice. This mouse has very well designed scroll + the sensor is also more than enough here. What are your experiences with G502 though? What is good and what would you say that that could be done better?

So far I don't have any real complaints about the g502. I love the way that it feels in hand and can definitely appreciate the easily accessible location of the DPI switches. My only real gripe is that If feel that the "sniper" button is a little too far forward. So when I got the actuate it in game, I have to choke up on the mouse a little to press it. This may not be the case for other users, but with the way that the mouse fills my palm (which is highly comfortable) I just have to adjust to to reach it. It's not the lightest mouse ever, but I don't mind the weight. I tried it with some of the extra 2 gram weights that come with it, but that just made it too heavy for my liking. Hands down, my favorite feature on the g502 is the infinite scroll wheel. It just feels so buttery smooth when scrolling through long pages. Overall, I definitely happy with my purchase.

• 3 weeks later...

Don't get a Razor Viper Ultimate. The right and left click rub on something internal, I can feel it quite fequently when playing fps games.It drives me crazy