How to make this into analog?

drewtcjones

I have these old speakers and some old headphones is there any way that I can cut off the ear buds and use the remaining cord to to use for the speaker? Posted Image I know this is more for headsets and sound cards and not DIY but I didn't know where else to post it

i5-4670k, Asus VI Hero, Corsair Vengeance Pro Series Red 8GB (2x4GB) @1866 MHZ, EVGA GEFORCE 780 FTW w/ACX Cooler, Fractal Define R4 Windowed (Black-Pearl), Samsung Evo 250GB, WD 1tb Blue, EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 650, Acer H236HL 23" x2, Corsair H100i, 2x Noctua NF-S12A, 2x Noctua NF-A14, Steelseries Apex, Logitech G602

Speakers need thicker wire than earbuds, and they need a power amp as well. Most lamp cord would do the trick if you've got any of that lying around.

That is analog?

yeah lol I knew that but I worded that extremely poorly

i5-4670k, Asus VI Hero, Corsair Vengeance Pro Series Red 8GB (2x4GB) @1866 MHZ, EVGA GEFORCE 780 FTW w/ACX Cooler, Fractal Define R4 Windowed (Black-Pearl), Samsung Evo 250GB, WD 1tb Blue, EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 650, Acer H236HL 23" x2, Corsair H100i, 2x Noctua NF-S12A, 2x Noctua NF-A14, Steelseries Apex, Logitech G602

Speakers need thicker wire than earbuds, and they need a power amp as well. Most lamp cord would do the trick if you've got any of that lying around.

I have some thicker gauge wire. It's not lamp wire but I think it's standard

I have some thicker gauge wire. It's not lamp wire but I think it's standard

There's no single standard size wire. Most gauges between 10-20 are commonly used depending on the application. :P

There's no single standard size wire. Most gauges between 10-20 are commonly used depending on the application. :P

okay if I had thicker wire what would I do with it

okay if I had thicker wire what would I do with it

You stick one end into the speaker, and the other end into an amp/receiver. If you don't have an amp, search "Lepai amp" on Amazon. Should be about $20 for a simple stereo amp.

Oh okay thanks!

Head to Lowes/equivalent and buy speaker wire and then buy a lepai amp to power it.

thanks