Full PSU Shroud for Cooler Master Mastercase H500

Stahlmann

Hello good people,

the H500 only has a half PSU shroud. I've been wondering if i can buy a full cover that goes all the way to the front. I recently ordered the PSU shroud of the H500P from the Cooler Master website with hope that it would fit, but it didn't. I really like the case so i don't want to buy another just because of this, but as i'm about to do my first custom waterloop i want to focus more on the looks. This would be one way to make the system a whole lot cleaner.

Is there any place i can get a full PSU shroud for my case?

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

It would have been almost the same price for the company to do a full shroud as a half shroud.  It implies there’s a reason why they did it that way. Could be many possible ones.  Might be worth doing some testing with paper extensions to make sure there isn’t an airflow problem. 

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

1 minute ago, Bombastinator said:

It would have been almost the same price for the company to do a full shroud as a half shroud.  It implies there’s a reason why they did it that way. Could be many possible ones.  Might be worth doing some testing with paper extensions to make sure there isn’t an airflow problem. 

They did it in the H500 to get more airflow to the GPU. That's one of the reasons why it's such a good performer. But since i'll go custom watercooling soon the half shroud is more of an eyesore.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

You might find a place on eBay who already sells one, or failing that CAD one up yourself and get it made or cut it from acrylic.

[ P R O J E C T _ M E L L I F E R A ]

[ 5900X @4.7GHz PBO2 | X570S Aorus Pro | 32GB GSkill Trident Z 3600MHz CL16 | EK-Quantum Reflection ]
[ ASUS RTX4080 TUF OC @3000MHz | O11D-XL | HardwareLabs GTS and GTX 360mm | XSPC D5 SATA ]

[ TechN / Phanteks G40 Blocks | Corsair AX750 | ROG Swift PG279Q | Q-Acoustics 2010i | Sabaj A4 ]

P R O J E C T | S A N D W A S P

6900K | RTX2080 | 32GB DDR4-3000 | Custom Loop 

On 9/7/2020 at 8:32 AM, Stahlmann98 said:

Hello good people,

the H500 only has a half PSU shroud. I've been wondering if i can buy a full cover that goes all the way to the front. I recently ordered the PSU shroud of the H500P from the Cooler Master website with hope that it would fit, but it didn't. I really like the case so i don't want to buy another just because of this, but as i'm about to do my first custom waterloop i want to focus more on the looks. This would be one way to make the system a whole lot cleaner.

Is there any place i can get a full PSU shroud for my case?

Places like Cold Zero make custom acrylic parts and has some options for extended PSU shrouds. 

https://www.coldzero.eu/search?controller=search&s=h500

2 hours ago, W-L said:

Places like Cold Zero make custom acrylic parts and has some options for extended PSU shrouds. 

https://www.coldzero.eu/search?controller=search&s=h500

Thanks for the lead! Sadly the H500P parts will not fit in my case, already tried that. But i messaged the ColdZero team if they can make a completely custom part for my H500. Let's see what the response is.