help with older macbook?

DarthBudgie

so i have a mid 2010 white unibody macbook

and it works good all and all but recently right after i changed the battery it started charging really slow so i changed the old one back and then tried another charger that one started charging slow and i bought it at this one store and i took it back he replaced it with 

another 2010 white unibody macbook and it was charging fast in the store then i got home i plugged in the new battery to the other laptop and it wouldnt charge at all so again

plugged in the old one and then it was charging slower but not horrible 3hours from 0-100 roughly give or take still seems alittle slow as compared to before i put the battery in ( no its not in there anymore) 

so then i wondered what it was charging with and when you first plug it in it charges with 25-30watts then as it charges it gets slower and slower and by 60% it says 17watts

it's also a 85w charger 

• 5 months later...

I realize it's been a while but I'm not very active in this forum...

if you haven't figured it out yet try to reset the SMC with the new battery on. 

Shut down and unplug your Mac.

On the built-in keyboard, press and hold the Shift, Option, and Control keys on the left side and press the power button and hold all of these down for 10 seconds, then release the keys. Connect the power adapter and wait 5 seconds then turn the Mac on normally.

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/26/2021 at 4:25 PM, caincha said:

I realize it's been a while but I'm not very active in this forum...

if you haven't figured it out yet try to reset the SMC with the new battery on. 

Shut down and unplug your Mac.

On the built-in keyboard, press and hold the Shift, Option, and Control keys on the left side and press the power button and hold all of these down for 10 seconds, then release the keys. Connect the power adapter and wait 5 seconds then turn the Mac on normally.

i think it was the charger or the port as i had the port replaced and the problems slowly went away oddly enough