Expected FPS on RE3 Remake with this build...

chippu

Hello, I'm building a new PC soon. I already have the GPU and CPU (I do regret the CPU though, should've saved for a Ryzen 5 3600)

GPU: Sapphire PULSE RX 580 (8GB)

CPU: Ryzen 3 3200g

Mobo: MSI B450-M Tomahawk MAX

Case: Lian Li Lancool 2 Mesh or Phanteks P400A

PSU: Antec NeoECO Gold 700w

What FPS can I expect on Resident Evil 3 (2020) at what graphical settings? Theres pretty much only 1 benchmark on Youtube with this setup, and while it looks promising I wonder if anyone here has a similar/exact build and has played RE3.

RE3 is likely going to use a similar game engine that ResEvil 7 and then Res Evil 2 now use...

Id hazard it might be more demanding as they optimize the engine and add more visuals ..

But RE2 should provide a good example of what to expect..

Say an FPS range youd expect...

They are not too CPU demanding and should make full use of the RX580,worth sussing RX580 RE2 videos.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

10 minutes ago, SkilledRebuilds said:

Say an FPS range youd expect...

They are not too CPU demanding and should make full use of the RX580,worth sussing RX580 RE2 videos.

Unfortunately there are even fewer videos on RE2 with this specific setup. Well the one review I DID see on RE3 had 4GB of RAM and a Ryzen 3 2200 (I donno if thats worse or better than the 3200g), and they had constant 60+fps on 1080p Max settings, the ONLY drop below 60 was 58 fps when an explosive barrel blew up.

Another thing, the recommended CPU for RE3 is the i7-3770. It has the same # of threads as the Ryzen 3 3200g, but the Ryzen has a slighty higher Base Frequency than the i7 but 4 less threads. How much of an impact will 4 less threads have?

Found this.

Similar enough setup, safe to say there will be times of the quadcore being tapped heavily but for the most part will be quite okay. And you can mitigate some by setting a 60,75 or 90fps cap to reduce the pipeline of data a little bit.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz