Wifi on pc not working

Archerr

I have had this problem before but had fixed it. Basically my windows 10 PC doesn't show any WiFi networks but just yesterday it was working fine.

Any help is highly appreciated.

PC case itself could be blocking signal, turn it around a lil...

Or it could be the drivers, or classic windows update wrecking everything.

I have tried updating and reinstalling the drivers. Also i tried moving my pc and using a pcie and usb wifi card but neither work

Open Settings > Network and click the button that says Reset My Network. Be aware though, this will delete any stored WiFi passwords so only do this if you know the password to reconnect.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

How about run windows network troubleshooter 

My PC Setup

CPU: Intel Core i5-1135G7  Graphics Card: Intel Iris X Graphics  RAM: 8GB DDR4 RAM  Storage: 512GB NVMe SSD  Display: 15.6in Laptop Display + SAMSUNG SMART MONITOR 27" LS27AM500NEXXP  Keyboard: Redragon K617 FIZZ

ran the network trouble shooter and it says problem with the access point or router, but i know the router is fine and the wifi card was working yesterday

How about turning off your your main access point or Router for about 5 Minutes, or Call your internet provider for more info

My PC Setup

CPU: Intel Core i5-1135G7  Graphics Card: Intel Iris X Graphics  RAM: 8GB DDR4 RAM  Storage: 512GB NVMe SSD  Display: 15.6in Laptop Display + SAMSUNG SMART MONITOR 27" LS27AM500NEXXP  Keyboard: Redragon K617 FIZZ

i just tried cmd and i have tried turning off and on the modem earlier 

My PC Setup

I'm writing this from my pc because when I use mobile hotspot with wifi from my phone i can connect

4 minutes ago, I love LTT said:

Try this one it's from Microsoft's Forum for Win 10 Networking problems

My PC Setup

i already tired setting up a manual connection but it setup as a dial-up and didnt connect

On 9/4/2020 at 2:38 PM, Archerr said:

i already tired setting up a manual connection but it setup as a dial-up and didnt connect

Hi what brand of computer that you are using 

Let's continue this tommorow

tomorrow* 

My PC Setup

Reset your "Modem", but if it has wifi I believe it's a router too... 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.8.1 or something...

Linksys Official Support - Resetting your router and changing the router  admin password

If you can't get into your default gateways config in web browser, just do it by inserting a pin in there...

34 minutes ago, RageTester said:

Reset your "Modem", but if it has wifi I believe it's a router too... 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.8.1 or something...

Linksys Official Support - Resetting your router and changing the router  admin password

If you can't get into your default gateways config in web browser, just do it by inserting a pin in there...

And remember don't exit your browser when it says Connection not secure just tap the advanced pull-down option then click "Proceed to 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.8.1" then by the time you click on the proceed. You will now be redirected to your router / Access Point's Login Page. For more info you can call your Internet Provider's Hotline and ask them what will you do once you are in the Login Page  -By I love LTT

My PC Setup

uninstall drivers, Download https://static.tp-link.com/2017/201712/20171218/TL-WN881ND_EU_US_V2_170724_Wins.zip install & restart. 

I have a Crosshair VIII, and this happens to me when I reformat my computer. WIFI drives work for like an hour then they just go away.... I have to go to ASUS and get the drivers and downgrade them and WIFI comes back after restart.

7 hours ago, RocketBunny42 said:

uninstall drivers, Download https://static.tp-link.com/2017/201712/20171218/TL-WN881ND_EU_US_V2_170724_Wins.zip install & restart. 

I have a Crosshair VIII, and this happens to me when I reformat my computer. WIFI drives work for like an hour then they just go away.... I have to go to ASUS and get the drivers and downgrade them and WIFI comes back after restart.

That link doesn’t work

Hi Archerr, Try this one https://www.tp-link.com/au/support/faq/2253/ 

Or try this one it's from Telstra Australia Troubleshooting Site https://fix.telstra.com/

And are you using a  Archer T1U?

Try opening your Telstra Gateway if you don't know what is it go to telstra's webite or just by clicking the link below

1. https://www.telstra.com.au/support/category/broadband/manage/finding-your-default-gateway-address

Check for outages such as by clicking this website and entering your address 

1. https://outages.telstra.com/#/internet?pageSource=home

My PC Setup

• 3 months later...
On 9/6/2020 at 10:34 PM, I love LTT said:

And are you using a  Archer T1U?

sorry I haven't replied in months lol, this has happened again and yes i am using the Archer T1U