Valorant

Sabachii

Does anyone know why when I play valorant, it disconnects my computer from the internet. Everything else works fine, like my phone gets wifi still, but I have to turn on off and on my router for my computer to be able to connect back, and other times I have to reinstall the WiFi driver 

Probably has something to do with their terrible kernel-level Vanguard anti-cheat. Do you have the same issue when using a cable connection?

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

3 minutes ago, Sabachii said:

Yeah even using a cable connection I still do 

Is there any way to try and launch the game without the anti-cheat to test if you still have the issues? Maybe in a match against friends? Sorry i don't play valorant myself.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

-= Moved to Troubleshooting =--

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Sabachii! What operating system are you using? It might be due to the anti-cheat system being in conflict with your system OS setup. I also had a similar scenario (except it doesn't disconenct me to the internet but keeps on disconnecting me randomly through the game) try these: 

Open up command prompt as administrator then enter:

bcdedit.exe /set {current} nx OptIn
bcdedit.exe /set testsigning off
bcdedit.exe /set nointegritychecks off

Then restart your computer! I got that code from this site: https://www.freesoftwaretips.tech/gaming/how-to-fix-valorant-error-code-138-connection-error/

So that was not entirely my solution but that seemed to fix my issue with Valorant keeps disconnecting since Vanguard runs at kernel level and I had my driver signature enforcement turned off hence it was having that kind of issue.

Also, I assume you added Valorant already in firewall right? If not again, I had lots of resources for Valorant, follow again the steps shown in this guide: https://www.freesoftwaretips.tech/gaming/how-to-fix-valorant-error-code-68/ (That's long list of instruction lol I'm lazy to put it here)

Anyway, Goodluck!