Hardware peripheral sharing like Synergy

TitanOne

Yo!

Is there a hardware solution like Synergy? I wanna use the same peripherals on two computers but I can't install Synergy on one of them due to the security. Something like a cable going from one PC, where the peripherals are plugged in, to the other?

[EDIT] Oh, the reason why I need a solution going from one PC to another is because approximately ten people will screech at me if I unplug a single thing from the existing workplace. [EDIT END]

Thanks a lot!

Edited by TitanOne
Forgot an important bit

The edit seems to conflict with your original intent.  

Pfaffing about with your problem a bit.  No good solution found:

Spoiler

Synergy is basically a really advanced software Kvm switch, but to use one you plug the peripherals into the kvm and then plug the KVM into the two machines.  Lots of plug changes.  All they do is reduce a lot of crawling around to a single button. 
You want to have the peripherals plugged into only one computer and then run a hard line to the second computer?  That by definition would be software and would require ports.  There’s some really old screen and keyboard sharing software called Xwindows, but software again Also *nix, also requires admin privelidges.

if the hardened computer is what things are plugged into you’re also flat out hosed. 

If the not hardened computer was receiving the peripheral input there theoretically might be a way to do it with a whole bunch of custom code for a single peripheral such as a keyboard or mouse, but there just isn’t a hardware monitor solution at all if the hardened computer is set to display from the display ports. 

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

On 9/3/2020 at 7:57 AM, TitanOne said:

I can't install Synergy on one of them due to the security.

Is there issue with the IT department not giving you admin access to install software?

Let us know if there's anything we can do to help (you can contact us).

18 minutes ago, Synergy Team said:

Is there issue with the IT department not giving you admin access to install software?

Let us know if there's anything we can do to help (you can contact us).

That is one of the issues

The other issue is that right now I will have to get approval of two entirely seperate IT departments to actually use Synergy.

Furthermore, I may get relocated at any point in time after 28th September, which means I will have to fight with more departments down the line the more I get relocated. I have decided to wait for now, and see if it is feasible to fight with the first three (two now, one after the 28th).

Still, thank you for your kind offer to help!

Fingers crossed, and now waiting!