pfSense assigning physical (LAN) IP's instead of VLAN10 interface

Go to solution Solved by Lurick,

Why is VLAN 10 your native VLAN on the trunk? Change the native VLAN to 1 (or anything but the VLANs you want to stay tagged) and try because I'm pretty sure that is dropping the vlan tag for anything with a vlan 10 tag coming in and it's getting to the other side untagged on the pfSense side.

Hello everyone, 

I have a strange situation. I have a Watchguard XTM 525 flashed with pfSense. Then a CISCO 3750X switch. I have a TRUNK port going from the pfSense to 1/0/1 on the CISCO switch. VLAN 10 is unable to pass DHCP or any internet access at all. All other VLAN's seem to work and are able to communicate outside the LAN. My physical pfSense interface (LAN) has a subnet of 10.1.20.0/24. When plugging into VLAN 10 (ports 1-36) I get an IP from 10.1.20.0/24, when I should be getting 10.1.8.0/24. I will post my configs below. It's strange that all other VLAN's are working but 10. 

Thank you!

(Hopefully that makes sense)

3750x - show vlan brief 

showvlanbrief.PNG.fbf9f93e07b2b29ef6197686e06c7184.PNG

3750x - show interface trunk

showinterfacetrunk.PNG.b67507501969729c74ae84be3865d393.PNG

pfSense - VLAN Interfaces

vlaninterfaces.thumb.PNG.00ee068771ab1ac91415f77748bb5b60.PNG

pfSense - LAN Interfaces 

LAN.thumb.PNG.50d17b0a9591e742d0f99217adbbcafa.PNG

"Just another day at the office" Captain Price -Call of Duty

Why is VLAN 10 your native VLAN on the trunk? Change the native VLAN to 1 (or anything but the VLANs you want to stay tagged) and try because I'm pretty sure that is dropping the vlan tag for anything with a vlan 10 tag coming in and it's getting to the other side untagged on the pfSense side.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

4 minutes ago, Lurick said:

I think that was the culprit... I knew I messed up a line of code. Sometimes two sets of eyes makes the difference! Just have to make sure I can get to the WebUI from each respected VLAN. 

Thank you!

"Just another day at the office" Captain Price -Call of Duty