CPU/GPU/Pwr Dips - split second freezes Troubleshooting

Hello friends and heroes of all shapes and sizes, I need your help. I am stuck troubleshooting a performance issue i've been having within the last couple of weeks. 

Generally speaking while playing any game, my pc with freeze for a second before resuming and I cannot for the life of me find an actual resolution. I have downclocked my CPU back to baseline (i7 9700k) at a 4.6ghz all core, load line autos at level 2, voltage auto, 140% power (which is max for the Asus z390-h mobo), asus multicore enhancement off and using intel defaults. 

Operating System:                                                               Microsoft Windows 10 Home (x64) Build 19041.450 (2004/May 2020 Update)

Processor Name:                                                                 Intel Core i7-9700K
Motherboard Model:                                                              ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-H GAMING

Bios                                                                                      v  2808

Ram                                                                                     Gskill Trident Z F4-3200C16-8GTZR

Video Chipset:                                                                  NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070

Power Supply                                                                 EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2 80+ GOLD, 750W

Temperatures are low across the board. Full load is only 80C. After it happens, ill check the log and see a drop in CPU, GPU and Pwr usage. The clock speed does not move on either gpu or cpu during the pause. 

Troubleshooting I have thus tried with no avail:

Increasing Virtual Memory

Increasing voltages for gpu

increasing slight RAM voltages

Downclocking CPU to default

Game Mode off

Updated BIOs

Updated Chipset

Updated GPU Drivers

chkdsk

mem checks

This is not to say that one of those could still be the culprit.

When this stutter happens the audio continues to play unhindered. I noticed it started to happen when I first started Horizon Zero Dawn for pc a couple weeks ago after the GPU Driver update.

What steps should I use to tackle this? What do you guys typically do in these situations when trying to find the problem? What app resources should I use? Im pretty stumped considering this gear Is relatively new.

Please advise, thank youuu!

YourMyOnlyHope-vblog.png

Try a legacy driver from before the update that the issues started after https://www.geforce.com/drivers/beta-legacy

desktop

Spoiler

r5 3600,3450@0.9v (0.875v get) 4.2ghz@1.25v (1.212 get) | custom loop cpu&gpu 1260mm nexxos xt45 | MSI b450i gaming ac | crucial ballistix 2x8 3000c15->3733c15@1.39v(1.376v get) |Zotac 2060 amp | 256GB Samsung 950 pro nvme | 1TB Adata su800 | 4TB HGST drive | Silverstone SX500-LG

HTPC

Spoiler

HTPC i3 7300 | Gigabyte GA-B250M-DS3H | 16GB G Skill | Adata XPG SX8000 128GB M.2 | Many HDDs | Rosewill FBM-01 | Corsair CXM 450W

39 minutes ago, Cyracus said:

Try a legacy driver from before the update that the issues started after https://www.geforce.com/drivers/beta-legacy

I ran through two 3dMark benchmarks and a Forza Horizon Benchmark after rolling back the driver and didnt see any stutters or freezes at all. I am going to call this fixed for now but its more like a work around? I guess I am also wondering why this would happen to begin with? Bad driver coding cant get the commands out so it freezes and catches up??

TY, appreciate it (if It becomes a problem again Ill be back)

1 hour ago, Daemic said:

I guess I am also wondering why this would happen to begin with? Bad driver coding cant get the commands out so it freezes and catches up??

something like that. You can look around for a way to report the issue to nvidia, but it should probably get ironed out sometime in the next few updates.

desktop

Spoiler

r5 3600,3450@0.9v (0.875v get) 4.2ghz@1.25v (1.212 get) | custom loop cpu&gpu 1260mm nexxos xt45 | MSI b450i gaming ac | crucial ballistix 2x8 3000c15->3733c15@1.39v(1.376v get) |Zotac 2060 amp | 256GB Samsung 950 pro nvme | 1TB Adata su800 | 4TB HGST drive | Silverstone SX500-LG

HTPC

Spoiler

HTPC i3 7300 | Gigabyte GA-B250M-DS3H | 16GB G Skill | Adata XPG SX8000 128GB M.2 | Many HDDs | Rosewill FBM-01 | Corsair CXM 450W

3 hours ago, Cyracus said:

something like that. You can look around for a way to report the issue to nvidia, but it should probably get ironed out sometime in the next few updates.

Seems like the stuttering is back, this time found in No Man's Sky. Ugh.

11 hours ago, Daemic said:

Seems like the stuttering is back, this time found in No Man's Sky. Ugh.

darn, you did a pretty good job troubleshooting so far, at this point I'd just do a clean install because it's likely a quicker, less frustrating fix (if that doesn't fix it I'd start bangin my head into the wall)

desktop

Spoiler

HTPC

Spoiler