Share windows tabs between PC's over internet

Go to solution Solved by Gamesmusic454,
14 hours ago, Catsrules said:

I am at work and don't have access to discord at the moment. But I totally understand what you are trying to do. And what I described is the only way I know of to accomplish what your trying to do. You just trying to make you laptop act as a secondary monitor.

I am not sure what Windows Screen sharing is never heard of it. But if you just taking about normal screen sharing that won't work because screen sharing will only duplicate what your desktop sees not create a secondary display. That is why I suggest you buy a dummy monitor plug to create a secondary display and a screen sharing program can capture.

Ok, so i found the solution to my problem without spending a single dollar, you can use "spacedesk" and it will work just fine, a bit laggy over wifi but totally usefull, your pc detects a "physic display" that you can configure, thanks to all the posters and readers :) 

I know, it seems complicated to undertand but I'll try to make it as clear and short as I can, so in first place, i wanna use my laptop as my secondary screen , but "surprisingly" when I managed to get all the screen sharing thing done with a synergy alternative called "Barrier" I realised that I couldn't share the any windows that I want to share to the other screen, this may sound logical to you, but if I say to you that windows screen share lets you do that, then things get worse, because you'll think, ok if that's the problem why you don't use windows screenshare?, I dont have wifi and bluetooth in my motherboard, so windows don't let my use this feature even if the two PC's are connected to the same wifi network, so I'm posting this hoping that anyone can reply with an alternative, I've done windows app sharing over wifi with different PC's before but was so long ago that I can't remember what program I used :( ,Thanks for reading to this part of the post and sorry for the extension I want to explain my problem as clear and detailled as possible, if you don't understand something feel free to ask me, also you can add me on discord for contact gamesmusic454#0676

I haven't looked into it very much so there might be a better way but off the top of my head the way I would go about this is buy a dummy HDMI/Display port dongle to make your desktop think you have a secondary monitor plugged into it. Then use some remote access software, Anydesk, VNC, etc.. to stream the dummy display video over to your laptop, and put that into full screen on your laptop.

This is an example of the display dongle. Obvious you would need a spare video port on your desktop to plug this into. But most desktop have at least 2 display ports.

https://www.amazon.com/Headless-Display-Emulator-Headless-1920x1080-Generation/dp/B06XT1Z9TF/ref=sr_1_3?crid=844AXIV93HFZ&dchild=1&keywords=hdmi+dummy+plug&qid=1598911734&sprefix=hdmi+du%2Caps%2C195&sr=8-3

18 minutes ago, Catsrules said:

I haven't looked into it very much so there might be a better way but off the top of my head the way I would go about this is buy a dummy HDMI/Display port dongle to make your desktop think you have a secondary monitor plugged into it. Then use some remote access software, Anydesk, VNC, etc.. to stream the dummy display video over to your laptop, and put that into full screen on your laptop.

This is an example of the display dongle. Obvious you would need a spare video port on your desktop to plug this into. But most desktop have at least 2 display ports.

https://www.amazon.com/Headless-Display-Emulator-Headless-1920x1080-Generation/dp/B06XT1Z9TF/ref=sr_1_3?crid=844AXIV93HFZ&dchild=1&keywords=hdmi+dummy+plug&qid=1598911734&sprefix=hdmi+du%2Caps%2C195&sr=8-3

Can you add me on discord so I can show you on detail how the hole thing works?, thanks for the reply

5 minutes ago, Gamesmusic454 said:

Can you add me on discord so I can show you on detail how the hole thing works?, thanks for the reply

I am at work and don't have access to discord at the moment. But I totally understand what you are trying to do. And what I described is the only way I know of to accomplish what your trying to do. You just trying to make you laptop act as a secondary monitor.

I am not sure what Windows Screen sharing is never heard of it. But if you just taking about normal screen sharing that won't work because screen sharing will only duplicate what your desktop sees not create a secondary display. That is why I suggest you buy a dummy monitor plug to create a secondary display and a screen sharing program can capture.

12 minutes ago, Catsrules said:

Ok I'll try your fix, thanks for all the help, I'll be updating this thread with the advancements that I'll be making

14 hours ago, Catsrules said:

Ok, so i found the solution to my problem without spending a single dollar, you can use "spacedesk" and it will work just fine, a bit laggy over wifi but totally usefull, your pc detects a "physic display" that you can configure, thanks to all the posters and readers :)